2016 Civic 1.5t cvt replacement

Timoty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
Hi ! I have 2016 Civic 1.5t cvt transmission with 206k miles on it , and I have to replace it, I found one from 2018 Honda Civic 1.5t but I don't know what to do because the part number is different and I am scared to not have problem after installation and also I checked every single year of civics from 2016-2020 all of them have different transmission part number.
So if someone knows which what year of cvt transmission will fit to my car , or I have to find one from 2016 Civic?
Sponsored

gdagreat

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic ex hatchback
Country flag
bcga has 1 bolt mount, jdjc and mdma are the interchangeable and then theres the manual version.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic 1.5t cvt replacement 13F2DDA8-9A33-42F5-912D-A4BA508ADDA7

Last edited:

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Timoty
Can you give us an update on how things are? Did you find a CVT. How expensive was the CVT and the replacement costs?

Why did you had to replace it, what went wrong with the CVT?

OP
OP
Timoty

Timoty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl
Country flag
@Timoty
Can you give us an update on how things are? Did you find a CVT. How expensive was the CVT and the replacement costs?

Why did you had to replace it, what went wrong with the CVT?
Thank you for askining , everything drives like new now. My problem was in engine (had gasket), at 204k miles , my car was on stage 2 flex fuel around 100k miles. Cvt transmission runs very strong 204k no issues, I replaced transmission , because mileage was to high . I found a good deal, so for transmission and engine with 13k on both I paid 1500 + 2000 for labor. Now my car drives like new , also I run hondata +6 psi, prl race cai, rv6 downpipe front pipe. I am waiting for tsp stage 1 to come and also I have to install late on intercooler and charge pipes, so I hope it will serve me another 150-200k ?.

xTWISTEDWAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
Thank you for askining , everything drives like new now. My problem was in engine (had gasket), at 204k miles , my car was on stage 2 flex fuel around 100k miles. Cvt transmission runs very strong 204k no issues, I replaced transmission , because mileage was to high . I found a good deal, so for transmission and engine with 13k on both I paid 1500 + 2000 for labor. Now my car drives like new , also I run hondata +6 psi, prl race cai, rv6 downpipe front pipe. I am waiting for tsp stage 1 to come and also I have to install late on intercooler and charge pipes, so I hope it will serve me another 150-200k ?.
Thanks for the post man! About to make the preemptive purchase on a cvt and was wondering about this factor!!! 220k on mine and still not giving up lol. Im about to put more power to it and id imagine its gonna give out at some point. Anyways this helped a ton!

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Head gasket couldn't be serviced without replacing the engine? 3500 is still a good deal.
Sponsored