2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Surges at Highway Speeds (45–70 MPH) S.B. #16-028

Mr_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Modern Steel Metallic
10genderek - any chance you could post the link where you found this Service Bulletin. Might come in handy in the future.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
10genderek

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I work for a honda dealership, so I it's from honda interactive network, I also have a touring with this issue, we still don't have the software available at our shop, I called honda warranty today and they are supposed to have a meeting about it and let me know when it will be available to the dealership

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
I work for a honda dealership, so I it's from honda interactive network, I also have a touring with this issue, we still don't have the software available at our shop, I called honda warranty today and they are supposed to have a meeting about it and let me know when it will be available to the dealership
great info, appreciate you keeping us informed. i'm planning on waiting another week or two to make an appointment, as i don't currently have the surging issue yet and don't need to rush. in your opinion, for those of us who do not have the surging symptoms but want to get the update done anyway, should we lie a little and say we have a problem, or just be honest and say we are aware of a software update and want it done preemptively?

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Honda Civic EX-L With Navigation
setup my appointment for Friday of next week. Called the dealershio and they had it and yes i do have the issue.feels like it is windy when you are driving.

OP
OP
10genderek

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Mines pretty subtle but for sure can be felt, and considering other cvt's I have driven I could easily live with it compared to older ones or other manufactures that I've experienced with pretty bad cvt's. I like having the latest and greatest software, so I would probably have my dealership do it regardless if I felt it or not.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Just got off the phone with honda engineering, they said dealerships will get this updated 3/21 - monday
nice, i will have to call monday evening to make sure my dealership has it before going up at 8am on tuesday

LU_REIGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T (White)
Vehicle Showcase
This is going to sound real stupid as I know nothing about cars but can someone explain to me why I would need this upgrade please.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Just spoke with the dealer. The fix is to not drive at 45-70 MPH under light throttle.

J/K. :D After reading so many complaints about this, I'm glad to see it's finally is being addressed.

FC1_864

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just have the update done and if it's still there bring it back, might be a transmission issue or start clutch like the older cvt's issues, I barley notice mine but I can feel it at about 70+ at 2400rpm, almost feels like it super windy outside, but it can be felt

I feel mine surging when I'm cruising right above 73mph or if it's holding steady right above 2400rpm.. So annoying!

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
We'll see what my dealer says when I tell them I won't accept the vehicle until the code is verified/updated to include this update. Car supposedly rolled off the line in Alliston 2/14 to 2/18. Still somewhere in transit. The TSB makes no mention of a production cut-in for this update.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
im sure they only said to 70mph for legal issues. they dont want people going 100mph testing it
Sponsored