2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Coolant Change Procedure

10thGenCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T (ordering soon)
Does anyone know the coolant change procedure on the new Civic 1.5L turbo 4 cylinder? I only ask because I would like to eventually do the coolant change myself but am not sure if bleeding is part of the protocol.
Sponsored

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I'd like to piggyback a bit on this thread and ask if its normal to be able to hear the coolant pump start a few seconds after starting the car.

I hear what I can only imagine as being some sort of liquid being moved around somewhere in the engine bay.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Does anyone know the coolant change procedure on the new Civic 1.5L turbo 4 cylinder? I only ask because I would like to eventually do the coolant change myself but am not sure if bleeding is part of the protocol.
For better coolant? or to meet the maintenance wicket? Long life coolant is good for ~10yrs.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I'd like to piggyback a bit on this thread and ask if its normal to be able to hear the coolant pump start a few seconds after starting the car.

I hear what I can only imagine as being some sort of liquid being moved around somewhere in the engine bay.
Pure guess here but it could be the secondary air pump aka smog pump if the 1.5 has such a beast.

OP
OP

10thGenCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T (ordering soon)
I only asked for the procedure because I wanted to verify the system did not need to be bled of air.

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB 1.5 Sport CVT
Also the type of coolant that should be used is important. The user's guide says something like Honda Type 2 coolant or so, but I have no idea what it is...

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
Air will always need bleed from any car when doing a coolant change.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
There is usually a bleeder bolt. I will probably do this coolant change for next year to install a block heater

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I see what is going on with the guide, step 2 is 'Intake Air Resonator - Remove'. The way the document in the link looks, its hard to see/follow. The drain plug is behind the air box resonator!
Sponsored

Last edited: