rami1990

First Name
rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback
Country flag
I had 2018 honda civic hatchback after 4 days of buying the car I start getting this loud grinding noise on cold start or sometimes after 1 to 2 hours after last use. I thought the car is bad and I sold the car. now I have 2019 and I don't have this notice yet but I think I start hearing something like that ( maybe it will be louder later on ) I been doing a lot of research on that there is a lot of owners have this issue. and the dealer can't find the reason or they don't want to find it. anyways. anyone have this issue before does anyone was able to find the issue and fix it > I like this hatchback honda but I hate noises at any kind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Can you describe what you mean? I don't understand where or what your going with this grinding is coming from. engine, front left wheel, cvt, clutch, etc

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You mean like this?

I've been meaning to make a thread on this. I'm pretty sure the sound was not the same when I first got the car. It is a very loud metallic "clicking" sound and it goes away after about 2-3 minutes. Hopefully somebody has some knowledge for us!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You sold a 1 yr old car because of a vibrating noise that probably could have been found and fixed easily?

maybe you can find an upgrade plan where you can trade your car in for a new one every time it needs an oil change.

like an iphone upgrade plan from AT&T where you get to trade your phone in for a new one every time one is released.

who has time for maintenance anyway?

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
You mean like this?

I've been meaning to make a thread on this. I'm pretty sure the sound was not the same when I first got the car. It is a very loud metallic "clicking" sound and it goes away after about 2-3 minutes. Hopefully somebody has some knowledge for us!
You’re car sounds pretty normal to me from what you’re phone mic is able to pick up. Just sounds like the normal engine slowly getting louder as it ages

OP
OP

rami1990

First Name
rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You sold a 1 yr old car because of a vibrating noise that probably could have been found and fixed easily?

maybe you can find an upgrade plan where you can trade your car in for a new one every time it needs an oil change.

like an iphone upgrade plan from AT&T where you get to trade your phone in for a new one every time one is released.

who has time for maintenance anyway?
yes, I did sell my car because of the noise that noise is known even the dealer can't find it. is more like coming from the engine or the CVT. and sorry you don't have time for maintenance. but some people do
and yes you can upgrade your car every month of you want too as well.

OP
OP

rami1990

First Name
rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you describe what you mean? I don't understand where or what your going with this grinding is coming from. engine, front left wheel, cvt, clutch, etc
I don't know where the noise coming from. so, when you push to start the car the engine start and right after that the grinding noise starts for 1 to 2 second. just like this
You mean like this?

the noise i am talking about like that

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
starter motor grind?