JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
did your dealership ever give you a copy of the A/C diagnostic report? Showing any pics of leaks or anything?
I don't think I got any pictures but got the report. I'd have to look again what all I got. They also replaced the other parts that are under the warranty while they were already in there to get ahead of it.
Sponsored

sonicgp.fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic sport hatchback (FK7)
Country flag
Hello all, new here.

And yep after 3 condensers and a recharge (in about 2 years of owning the car) it's in for an evaporator (under warranty thankfully) at the moment... I was about to go crazy when the service advisor uttered "evaporator"... I love the Civic but I might just jump ship as well. (I'm in South Florida and it's incredibly hot and humid rn)
How is your evaporator covered under warranty? What warranty?

sonicgp.fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks to this thread I was able to get Honda good will assistance for an evaporator replacement. Total cost about $420 (down from over $2k). Thanks for the heads-up everyone!
who submitted the goodwill claim to Honda? You or your dealership?

sonicgp.fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think I got any pictures but got the report. I'd have to look again what all I got. They also replaced the other parts that are under the warranty while they were already in there to get ahead of it.
can you post a picture showing what the a/c diagnostic report is supposed to look like?

moleman01

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
who submitted the goodwill claim to Honda? You or your dealership?
Dealership submitted the claim at my request. Keep in mind that the dealership didn’t mention the option to request Good Will Assistance. They simply quoted $2k + in repair costs. But I immediately requested Good Will Assistance and they were more than willing to contact Honda on my behalf. Good luck!

sonicgp.fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dealership submitted the claim at my request. Keep in mind that the dealership didn’t mention the option to request Good Will Assistance. They simply quoted $2k + in repair costs. But I immediately requested Good Will Assistance and they were more than willing to contact Honda on my behalf. Good luck!
Honda came back on the goodwill assistance and is willing to cover 60%. I would be paying $550 instead of $1700. Still that’s not good enough for me. I’m still going to call Honda America to see what more they can do. They are well aware of the new freon causing failures with all components of the A/C system. I shouldn’t have to pay for the evaporator when Honda should be adding it under extended warranty. So I’ll see what more they can do. I have to at least try.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016-2019 Evaporator failures/leaks IMG_0949

moleman01

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
I agree that the evaporator should also be given an extended warranty. But since it isn’t, I would take the offer and pay the $550. That’s in the same ballpark as what others here have paid with Good Will Assistance from Honda. I hope your appeal will get you a free evaporator replacement. Please keep us updated and good luck.
Sponsored