2016-2019 Civic Hatchbacks LED Tail Lights Sequential

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They arrived over the weekend and I fitted them on Sunday. They are made by Depo....

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016-2019 Civic Hatchbacks LED Tail Lights Sequential B1D7D1B6-0D79-4A87-A580-CE9BD4FC1483
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
They arrived over the weekend and I fitted them on Sunday. They are made by Depo....

Stephen

B1D7D1B6-0D79-4A87-A580-CE9BD4FC1483.jpeg

woo! Thanks! How was the install, plug and play right? What's your take on them? Are the LEDs high quality and bright enough?
Surprised they're made by Depo, since they're considered a "cheaper" alternative to OEM, but these Mugen tailslights cost a pretty penny. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a non mugen one but with same design and sell it for cheaper...

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
woo! Thanks! How was the install, plug and play right? What's your take on them? Are the LEDs high quality and bright enough?
Surprised they're made by Depo, since they're considered a "cheaper" alternative to OEM, but these Mugen tailslights cost a pretty penny. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a non mugen one but with same design and sell it for cheaper...
Install was easy. There are four multi plugs that mate up with the four on the main vehicle harness. It is no good matching the wire colours together but rather the connectors. There are four connectors and each on is different so you cannot get them wrong.

What was more time consuming was the removal and installation of the small lamps on the boot lid. The removal of the inner trims is required and considering that these lamps are dummies, there is less satisfaction when fitted.

I was surprised to see that Depo had made them. In my opinion Depo is a cheaper aftermarket brand than say Hella, Lucas or Valeo.

Just found out that there is no rear fog lamp on these as they are JDM. Not a major issue as I will build my own from the original and make up a harness.

I will post photos more photos very shortly. Just need to transfer them off my camera.

Stephen

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates ? :] I also wonder who actually manufactures the Mugen tails..
Yes all plug and plug. Very straight forward installation. I have lots of photos to upload when I get a spare moment. Made by Depo and has an inbuilt toggle switch in the harness to switch from solid flashing to sequential.

Stephen

ZacharyMay

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I love the Mugen lights but can’t get over the dummy light on the hatch. Kills it for me.

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone buy the boostedwhips official (instagram) taillights for the hatchback. They look really similar
I planned on it, they posted something that 1/3 of their incoming stock has already been sold so I might have to get on that sooner than I wanted... lol. I think they said mid to end of Feb or something they'll ship. I just don't want to wait that damn long after dropping the $350 but we don't have any other options yet!

CyanRam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
anyone buy the boostedwhips official (instagram) taillights for the hatchback. They look really similar
I planned on it, they posted something that 1/3 of their incoming stock has already been sold so I might have to get on that sooner than I wanted... lol. I think they said mid to end of Feb or something they'll ship. I just don't want to wait that damn long after dropping the $350 but we don't have any other options yet!
I bought them the other day. They're from Hi Rev Sports. BoostedWhips is just an Instagram affiliate I believe. Basically if you order now it's a pre-order for an expected release date of 2/29. Direct link to the tail lights: https://hirevsports.com/product/hrs-2016-19-honda-civic-led-tail-lights-hatch/. Here's a Promo Code Boosted was giving out for free shipping: HRSBWPZHB

MartinBE

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Civic sport plus hatchback
Country flag

MartinBE

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Civic sport plus hatchback
Country flag

CyanRam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey do you have a video of them? Want to see how the lights are.
Here's a video from their Instagram.

I believe they come in light smoke now too.
Sponsored