2016-2018 Software Update, Warranty Extension & Climate Control Replacement

Daytoner

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Has anyone got the letter sent out in January about the software update and climate control replacement?\

Wondering if there's anyone that has the procedures done and if they provide you with a 2019 fans control

the letter is regarding the engine oil may become overly diluted with fuel and moisture, particularly repeated short trips invery low ambient temperatures
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Wondering if there's anyone that has the procedures done and if they provide you with a 2019 fans control
What would give you the idea they'd do that?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Making you pay for the filter, talk about stealership eh? :p
I’ve heard they give you a brand new 2019 car on the condition you pay for the oil filter.
Talking about oil filters...:stirthepot:...I believe they only change when "B" service shows up. I got my first change done by the dealer and I found the factory oil filter still installed when I changed it at 10k miles even though OIL & FILTER were written in the invoice.

MEESE15T

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Has anyone got the letter sent out in January about the software update and climate control replacement?\

the letter is regarding the engine oil may become overly diluted with fuel and moisture, particularly repeated short trips invery low ambient temperatures
As of Feb. 1 it's a software update and 4 qts of oil only

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
Anyone after the climate update try their a/c?

My a/c on passenger side is giving out hot air but drivers side okay.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I just paid $40 total for the recall updates and entire B1 maintenance

Car definitely “warms up” a lot faster ... although it’s only been a day

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I take 4 quarts of Mobil1 0W-20 and a Mobil1 filter to the mechanic at my dealer every 5k miles, he's the only mechanic at the dealership that works on my Civic or my wife's Fit. Takes all the worries out of my service equation. Had Blackstone Labs do a UOA at my first oil change at 5k, oil dilution was 1%. My Civic was delivered in December, so the initial break-in was during cold weather. I was aware of the oil dilution issue as I previously owned a 2016 Civic. Found the 19's have already had the "updates" incorporated during manufacture, but being aware of the potential problems with a Turbocharged DI engine, I made every effort to avoid short trips and made sure that it got some highway miles during most all drives. Apparently most of the worst dilution issues seem to be on the CRV with turbocharged engines that get a lot of short trip usage according to my service manager friend. Awareness of a potential issue allows you to be pro-active about it, but I'll wager most people who have kids to ferry around have other things on their minds than worrying about getting oil temps up sufficiently to evaporate the fuel, that's, IMHO, why the TSB/Recall was issued. Honda made a miscalculation when they produced an engine, that, due to it's inherent characteristics, had a problem when used as people have traditionally operated their vehicles. Sometimes new technology requires adaption and understanding. This is not new, going back to the 60's, Chevrolet's Corvair, due to it's rear-engine design, required 26-28 psi in the rear tires and 15 in the front, handled very well if that was observed, but, if you took it to your local filling station, where they actually checked & filled your tires, (remmember Green Stamps & free glasses?) they used conventional thinking (for that era) and gladly adjusted all your tires to the 30psi that was traditional, THEN, things got very squirrelly in the handling department, gave a otherwise excellent & innovative design a real problem, the car got a bad reputation (there were other issues as well, but I'm just making a point!) Just some historical perspective. I'm 71, and had to learn about evaporative canisters because, up until a few years ago, I was still "topping off" my fuel tank. Last year went from an android phone to an iphone, now THAT took some learning!;)
Sponsored