First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hope the 2019 isn’t affected. I hear this weird squeak only from the interior every time the AC is running. Not sure if its related...

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wonder if the used 2 different manufacturers for the condensor. I havent had any problems in my 2016.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Wonder if the used 2 different manufacturers for the condensor. I havent had any problems in my 2016.

I haven't either and also have a Coupe, and I assume both were made in Canada. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Warranty is now 10 years unlimited mileage on the condenser for those vehicles affected. There's nothing wrong with the A/C unit itself It's just the condenser that may fail early, very early in some cases. On the other hand some people may never have an issue with the condenser.

I have a friend who is a Honda tech and he said my Canadian couple's condenser will most likely fail eventually, the issue doesn't seem to be discriminatory to specific models or assembly plants.

Idkanything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Warranty is now 10 years unlimited mileage on the condenser for those vehicles affected. There's nothing wrong with the A/C unit itself It's just the condenser that may fail early, very early in some cases. On the other hand some people may never have an issue with the condenser.

I have a friend who is a Honda tech and he said my Canadian couple's condenser will most likely fail eventually, the issue doesn't seem to be discriminatory to specific models or assembly plants.
any chance you might be able to ask your Honda tech what he thinks about the 2019 model condensers? time will tell but i'm curious as to why 2019 wasn't included.
Sponsored