2016/2017 Honda Civic Service Bulletins & More

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They'll want the car for a while, as they need the coolant temps down before they'll work on it...
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
They'll want the car for a while, as they need the coolant temps down before they'll work on it...
The good thing is, this dealership is maybe 2 miles from my apartment; the bad thing is, most of the drive there is 50 mph. ;)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I called my dealer and they said it is only affecting certain models.
Hmm, ok. I was about to say, "I think it's just the hatchbacks," but you've got a hatch, too.

Maybe the Swindonites wanted to stick it to us Yanks. :p

(this specific recall might be worth a separate thread, btw)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't see anything when I asked Dave.
Maybe yours has the updated part already.

Hmm -- I should look in the morning and see if I can find it, then take a "before" picture before I drive to the dealership.

HondaMom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatch
I had to take my hatch into the dealer last week to have the radio screen replaced. It's a 2017 hatch ... anyone else have an issue? They stated it was because the screens are too close (LCD) . It was beeping like crazy and making me insane!!
So happy to have it replaced!!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had to take my hatch into the dealer last week to have the radio screen replaced. It's a 2017 hatch ... anyone else have an issue? They stated it was because the screens are too close (LCD) . It was beeping like crazy and making me insane!!
No issues here. What did they mean by "the screens are too close"?

HondaMom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatch
No issues here. What did they mean by "the screens are too close"?
The dealer said the LCD touch screens were too close on the entertainment console. It beeped constantly like you were touching he screen.
Someone was in with another 17 Civic 9 days before me.
They replaced it with a new touch screen assembly.

Pchilnsf415

I have a 2016 ex sedan and now all of a sudden my screen beeps like crazy. Also hoes black at times. Went and talked to the dealer and he said try and record it. If it keeps happening and they'll have to keep my car for awhile and drive it to see if it will do it while they have it. Hopefully there's a update that needs to be done as I don't want them racking up miles on my car.

HondaMom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatch
I have a 2016 ex sedan and now all of a sudden my screen beeps like crazy. Also hoes black at times. Went and talked to the dealer and he said try and record it. If it keeps happening and they'll have to keep my car for awhile and drive it to see if it will do it while they have it. Hopefully there's a update that needs to be done as I don't want them racking up miles on my car.
Yes, record it! That's what helped me. It didn't do it when I brought it in so that's how I proved it. Just used the video on my phone. I'm assuming eventually they will put out a recall when all of us keep coming in with the same issue! Good luck!

Pchilnsf415

Yes, record it! That's what helped me. It didn't do it when I brought it in so that's how I proved it. Just used the video on my phone. I'm assuming eventually they will put out a recall when all of us keep coming in with the same issue! Good luck!
Thank you. Caught it three times today. All recorded. Just a pain in the butt to explain to the dealer and they seem to not believe me. Will make a appointment to take in now that I have video.

bpb1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
We had this issue the first day we took the car home last September and the dealer just charged the battery and sent us on our way. It then happened again a couple of weeks ago but thankfully the car was at home in our garage and hondacare had it towed to our dealer for free that same night. It took the dealer two days to figure it out and when the repairman finally found the TSB it took another few days to get the part. The dealer porters also scratched the car up pretty good while pushing it around since it would not start and they had to push it around the lot and service area(they are supposed to try to buff out the scratches but that is another story). The issue has not come back since the TCM was changed which is a load off my mind. I can't imagine what we would do if it happened in the middle of winter and we were somewhere remote with our kids.

"February 23, 2017
17-012 - 2016–17 Civic Will Not Come Out of Park or Will Not Start and Sets DTC U0038 and/or U0101"

Will all 2016 CVT customers be getting this update?

I hope they fix it before I'm broke down somewhere and have to be transported to a dealer.

I've never been stranded in my Hondas.