2016 2017 2018 Honda Civic Automatic Auto Transmission Trans 1 Mile OEM $550.24

BestCarEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX HS, 2015 Jetta Trendline+
Country flag
I bought a transmission for my car as I am planning to keep this car for way too long. I saw this listing and hit the Buy it Now button.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-2018-Honda-Civic-Automatic-Auto-Transmission-Trans-1-Mile-OEM/312540619758?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I figured this is a great time to pick up the tranny now when no one needs them and they are wrecking them damn near new still. Turns out my donor car had 6.4 miles on it. Sitting in my driveway at the moment. Going to get some desiccant bags, bag it up and forget it. What do you figure, was it a good idea, or a waste of pesos? (seen too many great old cars with worn out trannies getting wrecked)
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
6.4 miles on the transmission? So the car was totalled right after delivery from the factory? If so, you essentially have a brand new transmission for $500. Unless it was damaged in the accident. Seems too good to be true to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BestCarEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
6.4 miles on the transmission? So the car was totalled right after delivery from the factory? If so, you essentially have a brand new transmission for $500. Unless it was damaged in the accident. Seems too good to be true to me.
It surely does that is why I contacted the seller and they sent me the VIN and pictures. Checked it all out. VIN legit. The only damage I see is what looks like body damage on the roof, sides. It looks like it was just vandalized. I was told there was no impact damage. LKQ is a publicly traded company, everything done by the book. Check out the pics.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 2017 2018 Honda Civic Automatic Auto Transmission Trans 1 Mile OEM $550.24 Transmission Honda

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 2017 2018 Honda Civic Automatic Auto Transmission Trans 1 Mile OEM $550.24 Transmission Honda2

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 2017 2018 Honda Civic Automatic Auto Transmission Trans 1 Mile OEM $550.24 Transmission Honda3

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 2017 2018 Honda Civic Automatic Auto Transmission Trans 1 Mile OEM $550.24 Transmission Honda4

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
I believe a new transmission on these is more than 10x what you paid.
If you got a legitimate, low mile working CVT that fits your car and can be stored without damaging it, you got a steal. Even if you don't use it, you can sell it in 10 years for a lot more than you paid for it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That car looks fine. This whole thing has my head spinning. Basically they take a new transmission out of a new car that was vandalized (and certainly fixable) and sell it to you at 15 cents to the dollar. Crazy.

Hopefully it wasn't stolen off a dealer's lot and parted out.

OP
OP

BestCarEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know what you mean... It looks like almost the entire body was dented. Can't be sold as new, repairs would be prohibitive. I am blown away, my head was spinning as well. It looks completely legit, I looked up the VIN and for sure it was written off. I had to work hard to pay for my car, seems so wasteful, but in reality, would you want to own a car that had every panel repaired? There is another one up on eBay right now that has only 522 miles. They drained the oil out of the tranny for transport, so there is going to be another $60 in Honda juice when it comes time to install. I think it has half the oil left when you drain and refill. Wonder if I should store it full or not, I am thinking it is sealed, and should be fine for ever...

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
That auction expired on 11April’19 and you are just now mentioning it? After complaining about your AC failing?
You are very very bored and have been surfing things and striking up conversation.
Those auctions don't show you the vehicle the part came off of, they only list the VIN. Thus, a simple generic picture of the component - which may not be the actual component being sold.
Had you been the wiser, you would have purchased the AC the same way and saved yourself a great deal of money if you installed it yourself.

"If stories come to you, care for them. And learn to give them away where they are needed. Sometimes a person needs a story more than food to stay alive."
—Barry Lopez, in Crow and Weasel

Last edited:
OP
OP

BestCarEver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That auction expired on 11April’19 and you are just now mentioning it? After complaining about your AC failing?
You are very very bored and have been surfing things and striking up conversation.
Those auctions don't show you the vehicle the part came off of, they only list the VIN. Thus, a simple generic picture of the component - which may not be the actual component being sold.
Had you been the wiser, you would have purchased the AC the same way and saved yourself a great deal of money if you installed it yourself.

"If stories come to you, care for them. And learn to give them away where they are needed. Sometimes a person needs a story more than food to stay alive."
—Barry Lopez, in Crow and Weasel
My old friend... Nice to hear from you... Sherlock my dude... if you spent a bit more time investigating you would see the item was located in Ohio (eBay listing) and I live in BC on the other side of the continent. I actually found the tranny while looking for the AC pump and I mentioned it in post 26 of my AC thread. I know, now you are going to determine that it has more miles on it based on the bit of dust that has collected on it. And YES that is my actual driveway. Have a look at the tag and satisfy yourself. If you have any questions you can send me a message. Easy with the stalking, getting kinda creepy...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 2017 2018 Honda Civic Automatic Auto Transmission Trans 1 Mile OEM $550.24 DSC_2681_LI
Sponsored

Last edited: