2015 Accord Sport Wheels

OP
OP

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Generation LX - Modern Steel
I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow. The biggest question will be the offset between the sets of wheels.

I'm hoping spacers will not be necessary.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow. The biggest question will be the offset between the sets of wheels.

I'm hoping spacers will not be necessary.
If Duke is right about the Accord Sport wheels being +55mm offset, then you may need spacers for 2 reasons - you might not like how the Accord wheels look if they're 10-15mm more tucked than your factory wheels and you may (or may not) run into clearance issues with the factory brakes with the offset being less on the Accord wheels.

OP
OP

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Si. After more research I have confirmed what Duke already stated. Thanks Duke!

I may have to re-evaluate the sport wheels. I don't want to do spacers.
If Duke is right about the Accord Sport wheels being +55mm offset, then you may need spacers for 2 reasons - you might not like how the Accord wheels look if they're 10-15mm more tucked than your factory wheels and you may (or may not) run into clearance issues with the factory brakes with the offset being less on the Accord wheels.

Duke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 RSX-S, '10 Civic LX-S, '11 CR-Z EX
Country flag
Yeah. I ran into much the same problem putting TSX wheels on my RSX. They look good, but changing to the snow tires is a chore.
You have to really like the look before Accord wheels are worth it.
On a related note, alloy wheels may want different lug nuts from the steel wheels on the Civic LX. Just a heads up.

Duke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 RSX-S, '10 Civic LX-S, '11 CR-Z EX
Country flag
2015 Si wheels really ought to be bolt on, no spacer required. The tires from a 2015 are a little too small. I've heard good things about Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 if you are looking for new tires to put on the rims.

OP
OP

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think a 225/40/18 wheel is comparable to the 215/50/17 the Civic is running.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
If anyone with a new Civic lives near Richmond, VA and wants to test my Accord Sport wheels on to see how they fit and look, let me know.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
If anyone with a new Civic lives near Richmond, VA and wants to test my Accord Sport wheels on to see how they fit and look, let me know.
Someone take this man's generous offer. I'd love to see this.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am terrible with GIMP / Photoshop, but here is an attempt at showing 2015 Accord sport wheels on 2016 Civic. All I did was a cut/paste from similar image so scaling may not be accurate

Honda Civic 10th gen 2015 Accord Sport Wheels 2016Civic_W_2015Accord_SportWheels

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
Ok, not all civics are created equal. When we installed the '15 si wheels, it was scratching the calipers. We had to get spacers.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2015 Accord Sport Wheels ima

Honda Civic 10th gen 2015 Accord Sport Wheels ima

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm confused as at least one other member claims these fit without issue. All Civics seem to list the same caliper part number. Are your wheels genuine Honda wheels? Was it the spoke rubbing? The mating surface near the hub? Like I said I'm confused and a bit concerned as I'm about to mount some OEM Honda wheels that are 18x7.5 as well..45 offset on mine. I think yours are 47.
Edit: I just brought the images up on my computer instead of my phone and have a better idea of where the rubbing happened.

Ok, not all civics are created equal. When we installed the '15 si wheels, it was scratching the calipers. We had to get spacers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
I ended up getting spacers and might only be an alignment issue. Since mine is an LX, the tirescare aligned to 16s, and the blue civic is a touring and the wheels are most likely aligned for 18s. Just a guess.
Sponsored