2015 Accord Sport Wheels

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Generation LX - Modern Steel
Will the "Sport" wheels on the 2015 Accord fit the 2016 Civic?
Honda Civic 10th gen 2015 Accord Sport Wheels ima

Any potential issues? Will a simple swap out be ok?

Thanks in advance!

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Bolt pattern and bore size are the same between the Civic and Accord (5x114.3 and 64.1 center bore), but to my knowledge no one knows the offsets of the 2016 Civic wheels yet. So the Accord wheels will bolt on, but without knowing the wheels offsets, it's hard to predict if the Accord Sport wheels will be too tucked, just right, or stick out too much.

OP
OP

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on my research the 17s on the Civic are 235/45/17. The Accord Sport wheels my buddy is running are 235/45/18. Considering the offsets are within the Civic's parameters, what is the potential cause of the 1 inch difference?

Obviously the ride will be slightly more rough, but aside from that ... Possible rubbing? Unnecessary stress to suspension,etc?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Based on my research the 17s on the Civic are 235/45/17. The Accord Sport wheels my buddy is running are 235/45/18. Considering the offsets are within the Civic's parameters, what is the potential cause of the 1 inch difference?

Obviously the ride will be slightly more rough, but aside from that ... Possible rubbing? Unnecessary stress to suspension,etc?
With the info you gave me, I can tell you that the tread width is the same between the two cars, no problem there. Very very likely the offset will be the same between the two cars, no problem there. The problem that I do see is that the Accord wheel is 1" taller than the Civic wheel. You need the tire height of your new wheel setup to be the same height as what came off of your car. Use this calculator: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html
So, likely you'll need approx. a 235/40/18 tire put onto the Accord wheel. If you don't get the tire height correct..taller for example, your final drive gearing will be off, your speedometer will be off, and you may experience some rubbing of a fender liner or other bits (although, you may not have any rubbing at all). Also, a taller tire assembly will likely be heavier, combining with the taller gearing could noticeably degrade the acceleration of your car.
Likewise, a lower aspect ratio tire (the 45 to 40 number) will effectively reduce the compliance of the sidewall because the sidewall becomes shorter, making the ride more harsh.

OP
OP

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the replies I have received. I may have to put them on and give it a test drive through some Chicago speed bumps/humps and some parrellel parking sessions.

OP
OP

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the correction. I was basing my comment on the specs of the car ... Not the actual tire on car. My error.

This is how the wheels compare to each other:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2015 Accord Sport Wheels image

Last edited:

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
3.4% difference in diameter/circumference. That's not much difference but I wonder how sensitive the traction control system is and if it'll be affected by just 3.4% change.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
3.4% difference in diameter/circumference. That's not much difference but I wonder how sensitive the traction control system is and if it'll be affected by just 3.4% change.
Generally traction control systems read wheel speed from all 4 wheels, compares them and determines if a wheel is spinning. Since all 4 wheels will be same diameter, the TCS won't know the difference.

Only you and your GPS will know that the indicated speed is out of whack. Me personally, I'd be more concerned about the 3.4% taller gear ratio affecting the performance of the car.

Duke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 RSX-S, '10 Civic LX-S, '11 CR-Z EX
Country flag
Tirerack has the 2016 Civic wheel offset at +42.

Duke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LX steels at +42. This looks like the same offset used on the last couple of civic generations, as well as the RSX.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
LX steels at +42. This looks like the same offset used on the last couple of civic generations, as well as the RSX.
I see so the LX and Touring wheels have different offsets (+42 and +45). Did you notice if Tirerack have offsets for each trim level's wheels?

Duke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My belief is that Civics of all the trim levels have the same offset- +42. The wheels themselves are offset +45- close enough for horseshoes.

Accord Sport wheels (and, I believe all Accord wheels from the last dozen years) are +55. The bolt pattern is the same as a Civic so they look like they should fit. If you really like the Accord Sport rims you can add spacers. A 15mm spacer would bring the offset to +40- close enough for horseshoes.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
My belief is that Civics of all the trim levels have the same offset- +42. The wheels themselves are offset +45- close enough for horseshoes.

Accord Sport wheels (and, I believe all Accord wheels from the last dozen years) are +55. The bolt pattern is the same as a Civic so they look like they should fit. If you really like the Accord Sport rims you can add spacers. A 15mm spacer would bring the offset to +40- close enough for horseshoes.
And the extra 5mm offset gained from doing that would also make the wheels a bit more flush with the fenders, giving a sportier look (look how tucked the stock wheel offset is in the OP's second photo).
Sponsored