2012+ Civic (Si and Type-R) Service Information Dump (the service manual you've always wanted)

OP
OP

drowned12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Country flag
This is awesome! Is there a full parts catalog/diagram available?
Far as I know Honda doesn't make a consolidated parts catalog although that would be pretty handy over having to guess which subsystem something belongs to. Majestic Honda (https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/) is one of my preferred places to browse because they at least have "links within links" from their diagrams.

GWX777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2018
Country flag
Far as I know Honda doesn't make a consolidated parts catalog although that would be pretty handy over having to guess which subsystem something belongs to. Majestic Honda (https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/) is one of my preferred places to browse because they at least have "links within links" from their diagrams.
@drowned12 - apparently the website no longer seems to work even within the TechInfoBrowser Firefox Portable. I was presented with following error message. Any thoughts please? TIA!
Honda Civic 10th gen 2012+ Civic (Si and Type-R) Service Information Dump (the service manual you've always wanted) 1645884969904

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
FYI everyone, the site is back up at the moment!

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Well, this is exactly what Iā€™m doing... created a fully-automated macro in excel. Spent about 4 hours of trial and error to work out the bugs, but sheā€™s chugging along now, about 60% done in a days work. Itā€™s not resource dependent, but it is slow considering the macro has to:
Check to see if file already exists in local directory
open link
Wait 5sec for page to open
Open print dialog
Wait 1sec
Paste title into prompt
Wait 1sec
Convert and save webpage as pdf
Wait 7sec to ensure file is saved before closing
Close the window
And repeat for the next link

Takes about 20 seconds per file.
One hangup is if a file takes too long to open. It doesnā€™t break the macro since Iā€™m opening new windows for each link. The worst that happens is the file doesnā€™t save. Since Iā€™m keeping track of whatā€™s downloaded already, itā€™ll download the next time I start the macro.

Another hangup is sometimes hitting ā€˜saveā€™ doesnā€™t always work. Messes up 2-3x per 100 (it was about 10/100 until I optimized it!) All I have to do is click save for each unsaved file and close the windows after the macro is done running. If I run the macro on 1000 links, I may end up with ~30 open windows and that starts to slow me down enough to cause file printing to pdf issues. So I only run about 500 links in a batch.
any chance you could share your method? I would also like to do this for "everything"
Sponsored