2012+ Civic (Si and Type-R) Service Information Dump (the service manual you've always wanted)

zephyr

First Name
Hatsada
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks for the portable firefox, it works!!

However, I can't find civic hatch parts catalog. Does it exist?
Sponsored

OP
OP

drowned12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Country flag
Updated for 2019 and refreshed 2018 incase the added information to it. Also added a few more Models (CRV, Ridgeline, CRZ, Fit) since a lot of people will own more than just 1 Honda.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Updated for 2019 and refreshed 2018 incase the added information to it. Also added a few more Models (CRV, Ridgeline, CRZ, Fit) since a lot of people will own more than just 1 Honda.
Thanks -- you are a good guy :thumbsup:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Many thanks -- 2019 is a great addition.

What are the chances of getting some of the lower level links to work ?

Darsay

First Name
Darsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d 2017 Hatchback
Country flag
Hi. Now dont work. Write "Your connection is not secure".?

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
This awsome program stopped working for me. Am I alone or it was blocked for everyone?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Same here... Glad I got my 100k mile service out of the way. I was at least able to download the PDFs for those tasks before this stopped working.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Iā€™ve got excel controlling my computer opening each link and saving as pdf. Itā€™s going to take a good bit of time, but I think Iā€™ve got all the bugs worked out of my automation. Itā€™ll be running on and off, hoping to complete by the end of the week! 25% done after a day of dicking around with the VBA code. Might be done tomorrow... currently taking ~30 minutes per 100 files. (20 hours for everything, barring any further hiccups).

Update:
Iā€™m able to download the videos as well. Skipping them for now. 2,200 out of 3,804 unique links downloaded. Skipping duplicates as well to save time. Feeling comfortable enough to let it run through the night.

Last edited:

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
The index pages that I made can easily be saved for backup. The techinfo contents, if you want to build yourself an offline service manual, is not an easy task. Even if there was a handy way of pdf printing all links, it would probably bring systems to its knees to do 3000 pages. I thought about using a macro tool like AutoIT or AutoHotKey to automate printing all the links to PDF, but there's also not much ROI as long as the online-version is still accessible. (It would also probably take several hours to print that many pages with a macro)
Well, this is exactly what Iā€™m doing... created a fully-automated macro in excel. Spent about 4 hours of trial and error to work out the bugs, but sheā€™s chugging along now, about 60% done in a days work. Itā€™s not resource dependent, but it is slow considering the macro has to:
Check to see if file already exists in local directory
open link
Wait 5sec for page to open
Open print dialog
Wait 1sec
Paste title into prompt
Wait 1sec
Convert and save webpage as pdf
Wait 7sec to ensure file is saved before closing
Close the window
And repeat for the next link

Takes about 20 seconds per file.
One hangup is if a file takes too long to open. It doesnā€™t break the macro since Iā€™m opening new windows for each link. The worst that happens is the file doesnā€™t save. Since Iā€™m keeping track of whatā€™s downloaded already, itā€™ll download the next time I start the macro.

Another hangup is sometimes hitting ā€˜saveā€™ doesnā€™t always work. Messes up 2-3x per 100 (it was about 10/100 until I optimized it!) All I have to do is click save for each unsaved file and close the windows after the macro is done running. If I run the macro on 1000 links, I may end up with ~30 open windows and that starts to slow me down enough to cause file printing to pdf issues. So I only run about 500 links in a batch.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I get a "not authorized" page when clicking on the links.
Sponsored