20 Type R loud squealing/ screeching from right side

• Thread starter Deleted member 44294
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Deleted member 44294

Is anyone else experiencing this intermittent problem ? Car has 1400 miles on it when I first heard it I thought it was another car in the other lane of traffic then realize whoops it’s me . Holy cow . Honestly it sounds like a CV joint or a wheel bearing . Dealer is going to check it out on Wednesday but hoping that this is something that someone knows about ? Going to be a PIA because of it being intermittent guarantee dealer will see no problem and send me on my way .
Sponsored

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Is anyone else experiencing this intermittent problem ? Car has 1400 miles on it when I first heard it I thought it was another car in the other lane of traffic then realize whoops it’s me . Holy cow . Honestly it sounds like a CV joint or a wheel bearing . Dealer is going to check it out on Wednesday but hoping that this is something that someone knows about ? Going to be a PIA because of it being intermittent guarantee dealer will see no problem and send me on my way .
Haven’t experienced this issue but suggest you try recording the noise/sound safely. Is it all speeds? Freeway or city driving? Please keep us updated.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That’s the usual case mate, debris getting stuck.
This. Would definitely check the brakes, particular the front. Rocks/debris often gets stuck between the rotor and rotor shield too. Can manifest as anything from a click to an unholy metallic grinding. Try putting your phone in flashlight mode and use the camera to look down into the caliper and between the rotor and shield on the backside for junk.

OP
OP

Deleted member 44294

Hey! You guys are GREAT! I just jacked up the front pass. side and took a look..bingo! A pebble was wedged between the backing plate and inside rotor. See photo.

Honda Civic 10th gen 20 Type R loud squealing/ screeching from right side IMG_20201012_170424736

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey! You guys are GREAT! I just jacked up the front pass. side and took a look..bingo! A pebble was wedged between the backing plate and inside rotor. See photo.

IMG_20201012_170424736.jpg
Just trying to save you time and money on a trip to the dealer! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Deleted member 44294

Just trying to save you time and money on a trip to the dealer! :thumbsup:
You did..gonna cancel now. Ok, here is a stumper:. Can I set up my guages to simultaneously display throttle% and boost psi? Hmmm...

BansheeBliss

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
So I have been having this issue since almost day one of my type r...just bought it 2 months ago. Looked for pebbles...nothing. brought it to the dealer and they said they saw nothing.

Soon as I left with the car and got on the highway...loud screeching. I bring it back...they moved the backing plate in the passenger rear.

I still hear the noise occasionally, but no where near as bad, but it bothered me enough to bring it to another dealer who told me the backing plate was in the wrong position and they moved it back into place again.

Now everytime I go in reverse...loud screech, but it's not happening going forward really. I bring it back to the dealer and they tell me the noise is coming now from the passenger front (the brembo breaks)...

I'll keep you updated. It seems like this guy working on my car actually knows what he is doing...fingers crossed.

I just don't get why things changed when the backing plate in the back was moved, but he says the noise is coming from the front. Doesn't matter if the car is hot or cold or w.e. It always happens.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
To shake these loose I normally put the car in reverse and do a few light brake taps. The noise these things make is pretty embarrassing
Sponsored