2 weeks old civic and a part got stolen

GuyT

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T sport (10th-Gen)
parked my car as always at night and came in the morning to see this (attached image).
my tow hook cover was stolen during the night.
that part is 330$ around here which I will gladly pay if it means that it wont get stolen again.
however, we can all assume that its not the case, so I need a cheaper solution.
I searched the internet but no luck in the cost area.
found:
- part #: 71506-TGG-A00ZF
best price I found is 156$ while the same parts for other honda models (like Jazz and insight) is around 10$ (not Honda genuine I believe).
any idea on where I can get one on the internet in a reasonable price? (im not from the US or europe so it must be on the internet)

btw:
its my first post here after a long time lurking around.
I actually decided to go for an 2018 1.5T civic thanks to you guys here at civicX

Honda Civic 10th gen 2 weeks old civic  and a part got stolen 20180906_201036
Sponsored

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always wondered why that side had more pieces then the other. Never knew it was used for something

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
This must be an israel thing. I don't think most vandals in America would even know to fuck with that panel. If they wanted to vandalize your car, they'd just scratch it, pull off an emblem or fuck with your scoop/spoiler if you had one.

Are you sure this wasn't some weird hit and run or an attempt to pull your car on a flatbed?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well, it looks like this part can't be bought cheaper than over $140. I don't see any cheap replacements. It is probably only made in GBR.
The proof that this price is idiotic is that the whole remaining rear bumper face (which is huge in comparison) can be had for less than $200. (at least without the parking sensors)
https://www.manlyhondaoemparts.com/oem-parts/honda-face-rear-bumper-04715tgga00zz

I would remove this thread before all thieves :ninja: in the US learn which HB part is easy to to steal but can be sold for a gram of crack.:yes::fear:

OP
OP

GuyT

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess that someone broke his and instead of go out and purchase it he decided to "get one for free" from me.
There are "bad" people (I usualy try to avoid any strong language, so Ill call it "bad") everywhere. when one of these people will break his in any country he will be searching for that part as well and not online.
well yeah, at first I thought that someone tried to pull my car but no scratches/ marks on any other part of my car, not even in the area of the missing part. no hit and run as well, for the same reason.
either it spontaneously fell off during my drive back home that night (highly unlikely. if so, more people here would have notice that issue) or someone just came by and took specifically that part.

the high price for that part is probably due to the fact that its relatively a new model (~2 years). maybe in time the prices will start to lower to the area of other models tow hook covers (~10$)

Last edited:
OP
OP

GuyT

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found this
does anyone know this site?
any european (german) people civic owners around here?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
There are "bad" people (I usualy try to avoid any strong language, so Ill call it "bad") everywhere. when one of these people will break his in any country he will be searching for that part as well and not online.
There are BAD Guys here also in the USA.
Look at what one of them did to my wife's (1997) Honda Civic, earlier this year.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2 weeks old civic  and a part got stolen CIVIC_EX

Stolen, stripped and then set on fire. ( DRUGS !!!)

Very upsetting, but she ended up with a new "Aegean Blue" 2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe a few months ago, so she feels A LOT BETTER now !!

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are BAD Guys here also in the USA.
Look at what one of them did to my wife's (1997) Honda Civic, earlier this year.

CIVIC_EX.jpg

Stolen, stripped and then set on fire. ( DRUGS !!!)

Very upsetting, but she ended up with a new "Aegean Blue" 2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe a few months ago, so she feels A LOT BETTER now !!

That’s unbelievable!