TypeRHelvetia

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Just purchased a 2021 Boost Blue Type R in what will be 2 weeks this upcoming Monday. So far the car feels great but I have been very paranoid since its my first brand new car but I was hoping you guys would be able to clear some things up for me. When driving in any gear there's a faint whistle whenever I let off the throttle and it goes away as soon as it give it gas but no matter what it always whistles when the RPMs are dropping in any gear, any ideas what it could be? Issue number 2 might just be the paranoia but anyways, 2 or 3 times in the past week when driving I feel like I have heard either metal rattling or today it sounded like plastic hit something in the back as I was entering a parking lot. It usually makes a rattling sound of some sort after I go over a bump then it'll rattle for a few seconds and its fine. I realize you hear a lot of outside noise in this car and maybe I am just not used to it yet and very paranoid but has anyone else had these issues?

Image-14.jpg
Youā€™re experiencing a well known medical condition called ā€˜awesomenewcarisis. Condition commonly shows symptoms such as excessive worry about small things that are not problems at all. All joking aside, your car is fine and just enjoy it. Youā€™ll get used to all the new sounds. Drive it like you stole it. :)

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Happy I found this thread, I also just got my 2021 Civic Type R a few weeks ago and are hearing the same things you are! Whenever I accelerate I actually hear a slight buzzing noise and when I let off the gas I hear the same thing that you mentioned as well. Gonna have one of the techs at the dealership go on a ride with me next week just to make sure I'm not paranoid (which I probably am lol)
The less time your car spends in the hands of the dealership or a tech hooning in it - the better off you'll be...

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
welcome to the rattle box club. the type r has significantly more road noise than their counter parts. (coming from a 19 si sedan)

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
The less time your car spends in the hands of the dealership or a tech hooning in it - the better off you'll be...
Yeah iā€™m just gonna let one of the techs ride along with me haha wonā€™t leave it there with them at all, Iā€™ve heard too many horror stories

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Yeah iā€™m just gonna let one of the techs ride along with me haha wonā€™t leave it there with them at all, Iā€™ve heard too many horror stories
Think you'd be better served meeting up with another Type R owner tbh - tech's drive a ton of cars and very rarely a Type R. Also getting them to agree to the above may be tough - good luck but I think you're needlessly going to a dealership if you do end up going :)

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
Think you'd be better served meeting up with another Type R owner tbh - tech's drive a ton of cars and very rarely a Type R. Also getting them to agree to the above may be tough - good luck but I think you're needlessly going to a dealership if you do end up going :)
Gotcha, yeah iā€™ll try and find another Type R owner in the NJ area ??

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like your new Boost Blue CTR is just fine. I have that same whistling noise. Enjoy it and congratulations on having great taste in cars.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Check you rear hatch black rubber ā€œstoppersā€ thingys. Some owners complained of hatch rattle, so a quick twist one way sorted it

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I got my 2021 last week. No issues that I have noticed. Nicks post ( I had seen the same before ) caused me to go look.....yep. Great catch Nick LOL

3BD353D2-5365-4DA6-879B-197D9201E0A5.jpeg
Damn, they left my tires at 52psi and i was pissed, can't imagine what kind of shitstorm they would've gotten if they left this in my car lol.

Fern's2020FK8

First Name
Fern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
that sound you hear when you let off the gas is normal. almost sounds like keys jingling very very faintly.
I got my 2020 Type R on Sept. 12th...and I do hear the keys jingling sound faintly...i love it!

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Car is messed up. Give it to me, get something more reliable.

jk dude. I think itā€™s in your head. Itā€™s new. Expensive. Youā€™re overthinking and making sure everything is perfect which we all know there is no such thing.

enjoy the car man. Nice color btw. Cant say Iā€™ll rock it. Iā€™m more into neutral colors or red, but itā€™s def a looker! Boost blue !
Sponsored