2-way speakers in the doors

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Has anyone put 2-way speakers in the door panels? Does it mess with the oem head unit and tweeters?

I have 4 2-way speakers on hand from my previous car that’ll fit if I get the mounting adapters.
Sponsored

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The frequency range of the lower door speakers has the tweeter frequencies blocked and routed to the tweeters in the top of the door. I suppose you could rewire the tweeter in the door and use the tweeter signal from the oe tweeters. Or you could just mount them and use them as is and leave the oe tweeters as is.

OP
OP
RTC975

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Perfect. Exactly the info I was after. Thanks!

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
The factory unit has equalisation settings specific to the OEM speakers and simple replacement can sound wonky.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
either way it sounds like crap anyway. The only fix is equalization, preferably a 4 band parametric on each channel. I've learned to live with mine but oh it's painful at times. I'm too lazy to rip out the existing amp-if I could find an SPDIF input amp (that recognizes all the commands from the Honda Head Unit) with the requisite channels I would in a heartbeat. Ideally with DSP built in. So far no one (to my knowledge) here in the forums has done so. Most people do a line adapter from the front two channels and reroute that to a pile of add on amps routed to the existing or new speakers. It doesn't sound THAT bad IMHO-I mean to go thru all that effort. But it's closel

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
either way it sounds like crap anyway. The only fix is equalization, preferably a 4 band parametric on each channel. I've learned to live with mine but oh it's painful at times. I'm too lazy to rip out the existing amp-if I could find an SPDIF input amp (that recognizes all the commands from the Honda Head Unit) with the requisite channels I would in a heartbeat. Ideally with DSP built in. So far no one (to my knowledge) here in the forums has done so. Most people do a line adapter from the front two channels and reroute that to a pile of add on amps routed to the existing or new speakers. It doesn't sound THAT bad IMHO-I mean to go thru all that effort. But it's closel
You don't need an amp with SPDIF in, as you can also use an OEM integration processor, which is the preferred route unless going high-end only. I cover this here.
  • The OEM amp should never be removed, nor should the Audio-Nav unit or the tablet "headunit", which I cover here and here

rtypefk8

First Name
rtype
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
You don't need an amp with SPDIF in, as you can also use an OEM integration processor, which is the preferred route unless going high-end only. I cover this here.
  • The OEM amp should never be removed, nor should the Audio-Nav unit or the tablet "headunit", which I cover here and here
Thank you for these three links about the amp and head unit. I don't know if the previous owner disconnected my amp so I was going to look for the diagram for it. Anyone have it?
Sponsored