2.0L vs 1.5L Turbo

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
My 2.0 feels good to me. Sounds like it's got quieter since I got it, but that may just be my imagination. Got better "oomph" than my 9th gen did. I can't speak for the 1.5T, I haven't drove one. I don't like turbos, and a turbo coupled with a CVT seems kinda pointless to me. To each his own though.
Uh, actually with infinite "gears" and range of gears (or none) with a cvt, it is quite perfect for something like a turbo motor. Can keep it in the boost without over-working it.
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uh, actually with infinite "gears" and range of gears (or none) with a cvt, it is quite perfect for something like a turbo motor. Can keep it in the boost without over-working it.
I'll have to take your word for it, because I'll never own another car with a turbo.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
I'll have to take your word for it, because I'll never own another car with a turbo.
This is my first gas turbo, my duramax 2500hd has over 310k miles and still pulls like a champ.

My only complaint about the turbo civics are.....people saying they are "fast" lol. It is good for what it is, a 4 cylinder than runs like a poor to average v6. I did have a riced out dodge dart try to race me to a merge point (a landscaping truck was parked in my lane and he went to great strides to make sure I couldn't merge in front of him. He lost and took it pretty personal. I also obliged someone in a huge mid 90's buick roadmaster who was driving very careless and aggressively. What is it with a-holes who constantly want to race hondas? I am a fat, bald 40's male in a bone stock appearing honda. I got the same thing constantly in my 07.

It's ALMOST as bad as the diesel kids wanting to race my 6500 pound truck :(

None of them ever show up and want to race me in my fast toy.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0L vs 1.5L Turbo {filename}

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know what you mean about the wanna be racers out there. I had a V6 Camaro, and an Infinity Q35 both Rev their motors at me today. I was like, okaaaay. I mean, was I suppose to be impressed? I'm not a 18 year old girl who'll drop her panties for a fake hot rod.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
I know what you mean about the wanna be racers out there. I had a V6 Camaro, and an Infinity Q35 both Rev their motors at me today. I was like, okaaaay. I mean, was I suppose to be impressed? I'm not a 18 year old girl who'll drop her panties for a fake hot rod.
You can beat Q35's. Pop it in L with traction control off and ECON off.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Loving my 1.5T... I originally planned on just purchasing an EX but I wanted to try the sensing features so after test driving an EX without sensing the dealer took me out in an EX-T with sensing just so I could try it out.

I immediately noticed the extra torque and how the engine feels buttery smooth. It feels effortless to get the car moving so although I only wanted to try sensing, that test drive convinced me to get the turbo too.

I think the difference was more apparent to me because i drove them back to back within 5 min of each other. After feeling the torque, there was no going back.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i wouldn't compair this 1.5 to a v6
this car is good if your next to a normal
Focus Sentra or a corolla. It Will beat most of the cars in its class. But most of the v6s in family sedans get to 60 in 6seconds or under. Like the Camry I've seen 5.7 to 60. Imagine having a v6 from the accord under the hood. The car would probably get to 60 in under 5 seconds. (Which would be awesome)

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree the torque is more important in daily driving . I really enjoy the torque from the 1.5 when it kicks in.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I test drove a "manual" LX sedan before I got my CVT coupe, and honestly, I think the my Coupe with the CVT feels more powerful. To me anyway. And for day to day driving, around here that is, initial torque means nothing when they have the stop lights crammed so close together. That's my personal opinion though.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree the torque is more important in daily driving . I really enjoy the torque from the 1.5 when it kicks in.
I love being able to pull away from everyone else at like 1.9k RPM lol.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love being able to pull away from everyone else at like 1.9k RPM lol.
Yea me to. once the short initial lag is over I can keep the thing under 2000rpm and pull away. Puts a smile on my face every time.

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Love my 1.5T - The reason I considered the civic in the first place. It just moves the car along effortlessly. Even paired with the CVT, I love driving this car.

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Yea me to. once the short initial lag is over I can keep the thing under 2000rpm and pull away. Puts a smile on my face every time.
God, I know. I've more than a few people look at me pulling out of a stoplight like, "are you trying to race me?" Nope. Just tapped the gas. Blame my turbo, haha.