2.0L vs 1.5L exhaust sound

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Yeah I think it is the CTR we have seen with the 3 exhausts.
Hell, Honda has done a perfect job of blacking out the Si, we never see spy shots of the Si but we see a few of the CTR at several stages of development. Makes me wonder if they are going to do a carry-over drivetrain from the CivicIX Si, since they wouldn't have much need to mule test a carry-over. Or worse, maybe the "Si" of this gen will just be the only way to get a manual 1.5T?? Now that I think of it, the lack of Si mules worries me!
Even if they did a carryover engine they would still need to test it. You see mules running around for mere cosmetic refreshes of certain vehicles. They test everything and even more so if the actual platform, suspension, etc have been reworked. That's why im so surprised there has been absolutely nothing on the Si yet.
Sponsored

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Even if they did a carryover engine they would still need to test it. You see mules running around for mere cosmetic refreshes of certain vehicles. They test everything and even more so if the actual platform, suspension, etc have been reworked. That's why im so surprised there has been absolutely nothing on the Si yet.
See my post above. Manufacturers can test certain upgraded models in plain sight if they really wanted to (depending on what the differences are). I think when we see spy photos of small cosmetic changes/updates it's done on purpose by companies to generate buzz and talk about an upcoming update/refresh. It's silly to camouflage and public test small nips and tucks when they have wind tunnels to do it in.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You do see vehicles that are caught testing on tracks in full camo. I don't think all of that is staged. Companies rent out tracks all the time to privately test new vehicles since there is simply no replacement for that kind of testing. You won't see it with the sedan but the Si and CTR you will. I would think there's also some real world conditions that they can't simulate in their facilities, as big as they are.
Sponsored