First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First of all I'm similar to you in that I was very ignorant to the fact of 2.0 vs 1.5 lol..... One of the mistakes I've made was the dealer actually offered a 1.5t Honda non si and I didn't go for it because it had those ugly rims and pathetic looking small muffler tips I was like eww the f lol.... Then I saw my blue sport and was like yeah that's it right there nice rims a familiar exhaust tip that reminds me of my old phone chargers😂 but it said sport I'm like this bout to be fast..... Guess not lol.....

Do you have a mod list because your car looks pretty good... I'm planning on getting white rims as well and some springs and spacers.....guess I'm a looks guy rather than speed..... I'm thinking of a stance daily without the ridiculous camber
Same I didn’t think there’d be much difference between 1.5T and 2.0L platforms before I was into cars lol

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Fwiw, I intentionally bought a 2.0 for best chance at long life. Not saying the 1.5 can't provide it, but to me the simpler engine, no direct injection, turbo or such just makes the odds better. I have a humble 2.0 2018 sedan. Mods done for fun and to a sweet and affordable vehicle. I have done whiteline springs and their rear sway bar. Those two mods are hugely recommended. I found the whitelines though a subtle drop ride SO much better. The look is noticeable compared to stock but not if you want a big drop. For a daily driver in 4 seasons the setup is ideal. Purchased from Unity Performance who were great, highest recommendation there! Also did the shifter, and went with the later version CTR factory kit with Acuity goodies. This is the single best mod to do first, imho. Rifle bolt precise and smooth. Also a leather boot from redlyne which makes me smile. :) I've done an audio update - updated the speakers to Alpine S, with a Kicker Key amp which made a HUGE - NIGHT and day difference and very reasonable for cost. The recommendation was provided by several on this board to do so = very savvy folks on this board. My final piece to do (aside of the factory leather wheel) was to do an exhaust. Sharing out if you're in the greater Toronto area, that GT Custom Exhaust Oshawa are fantastic. I was nervous about doing this as I hear a lot of fart cans on our beloved cars. No pre-made exhausts for the 2.0 so with some trepidation went to Trevor and Mike based on word of mouth. Extremely dedicated, very fastidious in what they do and they take huge pride. Rightfully so. I was very impressed and happy. Quiet when you want it to be with a bit of bark when you want to have fun. Very composed, and tight overall. As they said to me, OEM + 1 :) Hugely recommended and sharing a shot of the setup. Vibrant muffler with a down turn tip close to stock. They did ace work, and hugely recommended and sharing for others who may want the same out of their humble rides. Extremely professional both! :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0L Mods? 2.0 custom exhaust

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0L Mods? 2.0 custom exhaust2

Last edited:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Fwiw, I intentionally bought a 2.0 for best chance at long life. Not saying the 1.5 can't provide it, but to me the simpler engine, no direct injection, turbo or such just makes the odds better. I have a humble 2.0 2018 sedan. Mods done for fun and to a sweet and affordable vehicle. I have done whiteline springs and their rear sway bar. Those two mods are hugely recommended. I found the whitelines though a subtle drop ride SO much better. The look is noticeable compared to stock but not if you want a big drop. For a daily driver in 4 seasons the setup is ideal. Purchased from Unity Performance who were great, highest recommendation there! Also did the shifter, and went with the later version CTR factory kit with Acuity goodies. This is the single best mod to do first, imho. Rifle bolt precise and smooth. Also a leather boot from redlyne which makes me smile. :) I've done an audio update - updated the speakers to Alpine S, with a Kicker Key amp which made a HUGE - NIGHT and day difference and very reasonable for cost. The recommendation was provided by several on this board to do so = very savvy folks on this board. My final piece to do (aside of the factory leather wheel) was to do an exhaust. Sharing out if you're in the greater Toronto area, that GT Custom Exhaust Oshawa are fantastic. I was nervous about doing this as I hear a lot of fart cans on our beloved cars. No pre-made exhausts for the 2.0 so with some trepidation went to Trevor and Mike based on word of mouth. Extremely dedicated, very fastidious in what they do and they take huge pride. Rightfully so. I was very impressed and happy. Quiet when you want it to be with a bit of bark when you want to have fun. Very composed, and tight overall. As they said to me, OEM + 1 :) Hugely recommended and sharing a shot of the setup. Vibrant muffler with a down turn tip close to stock. They did ace work, and hugely recommended and sharing for others who may want the same out of their humble rides. Extremely professional both! :)

2.0 custom exhaust.jpg

2.0 custom exhaust2.jpg
Hope you are well, and enjoying your car in great health :)

The exhaust looks great, glad you went to GT customs!

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
Humza, you and your company were and are nothing other than fantastic. :) Very much enjoyed you and your team's passion and knowledge. It led me down the right path. Couldn't be happier. And right back at you and team Unity. :) Cheers.
Sponsored