Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport, '90 240sx S13
Country flag
What does a Ktuner do and where can I get a one
KTuner adjusts the performance of your car, it plugs in to the OBD2 port and you basically flash your car from stock settings kind of like jailbreaking a phone in a sense, it adjust VTEC as well however I live in CA it's illegal here because of strict car laws but if you have warranty on your vehicle it automatically voids it

KTUNER Thread https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/what-is-ktuner.24892/

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mishimoto Intercoolers and Radiators fit as well right? And PRL intakes wouldn't work because the air intakes are in different places?
Intercooler wouldn't be compatible here since the 2.0L is N/A not turbocharged. Radiator probably would work but is irrelevant here. The only PRL intake that would work is the one they are currently working on (look here), but there are others on the market.

Ktuner is definitely best bang for the buck mod, as it not only increases peak HP/TQ, it beefs up the power throughout the RPM band, lowers VTEC, etc. and there are 0 reported engine/transmission failures running Ktuner (on this forum anyways). You can do lightweight wheels, weight reduction, suspension mods, and more to also increase performance in various ways.

OP
OP
AaronStrong

AaronStrong

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
404397DA-A140-4D8B-BD4E-391838378695.jpeg

2017 Civic EX
Ktuner
Rv6 Catless Downpipe
aFe Intake
Muffler and Resonator swap
BC Coils
Whiteline rsb and endlinks
SPC camber arms

Nice :thumbsup: where did you get the diffuser? I feel like I know where it's from but I want you to confirm lol

OP
OP
AaronStrong

AaronStrong

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
404397DA-A140-4D8B-BD4E-391838378695.jpeg

2017 Civic EX
Ktuner
Rv6 Catless Downpipe
aFe Intake
Muffler and Resonator swap
BC Coils
Whiteline rsb and endlinks
SPC camber arms

What tune are you running?

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What tune are you running?
It’s ABS Dynamics/BaysonR you can get it on both sites.
I got tuned by a local tuner. I could definitely feel some pickup, it wasn’t running too well with those mods and the basemap. I’ve got tuned three times by him and probably done about 30 total flash adjustments. We changed VTC gear angles, im not sure to what but that made a big difference and it sounded a lot different too. Since VTEC adjustments came out I flashed to a different tune VTEC@4500 but I actually think setting it lower is negligible as you feel more of a rough engagement and power difference before and after where as at 5300 or so it feels more smooth throughout and probably more peak HP overall. I never took it to a dyno since it’s CVT, but watching vids with tuning by nick and discussing the tunes with my tuner helped a lot and was interesting for me. Also we tried to raise the redline to 7100 but it seemed it only wanted to go that far every other pull so I put it back to stock. What mods you running?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t forget the tb coolant delete!!! Noticeable difference when I did it a couple winters ago.

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
It’s ABS Dynamics/BaysonR you can get it on both sites.
I got tuned by a local tuner. I could definitely feel some pickup, it wasn’t running too well with those mods and the basemap. I’ve got tuned three times by him and probably done about 30 total flash adjustments. We changed VTC gear angles, im not sure to what but that made a big difference and it sounded a lot different too. Since VTEC adjustments came out I flashed to a different tune VTEC@4500 but I actually think setting it lower is negligible as you feel more of a rough engagement and power difference before and after where as at 5300 or so it feels more smooth throughout and probably more peak HP overall. I never took it to a dyno since it’s CVT, but watching vids with tuning by nick and discussing the tunes with my tuner helped a lot and was interesting for me. Also we tried to raise the redline to 7100 but it seemed it only wanted to go that far every other pull so I put it back to stock. What mods you running?
By any chance do you still have your local tuners' info?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean you live in Cali so any performance mods besides aero and suspension are basically a bad idea.

OP
OP
AaronStrong

AaronStrong

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean you live in Cali so any performance mods besides aero and suspension are basically a bad idea.
true I'm considering just getting a new car to work on that's faster and that I can just keep in the driveway and work on

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
I started getting into cars around the time I bought my first and only car my 2.0L Civic Sport. At the time I was ignorate to many things as I just started learning about cars, I wasn't aware of the 2.0l vs the 1.5t, I didn't know anything about a Honda Civic Si or Type R. I didn't know all the mods I see would be for the K20C1 or L15B7. Now I'm sitting here with a K20C2 2.0l with limited power potential being that it is an NA, however to everyone that has or had ran mods on any 2.0L 10th gen, what mods have you made? I'm not mad nor prefer to trade it in or anything I don't mind having it as a daily because I really enjoy it especially with these gas prices and eventually I do plan on owning multiple cars in the future. However for everyone with 2.0l mods I'd like to start a thread for engine modification for those who prefer to go that direction. Any responses are appreciated 🙃
First of all I'm similar to you in that I was very ignorant to the fact of 2.0 vs 1.5 lol..... One of the mistakes I've made was the dealer actually offered a 1.5t Honda non si and I didn't go for it because it had those ugly rims and pathetic looking small muffler tips I was like eww the f lol.... Then I saw my blue sport and was like yeah that's it right there nice rims a familiar exhaust tip that reminds me of my old phone chargers😂 but it said sport I'm like this bout to be fast..... Guess not lol.....

Do you have a mod list because your car looks pretty good... I'm planning on getting white rims as well and some springs and spacers.....guess I'm a looks guy rather than speed..... I'm thinking of a stance daily without the ridiculous camber

OP
OP
AaronStrong

AaronStrong

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First of all I'm similar to you in that I was very ignorant to the fact of 2.0 vs 1.5 lol..... One of the mistakes I've made was the dealer actually offered a 1.5t Honda non si and I didn't go for it because it had those ugly rims and pathetic looking small muffler tips I was like eww the f lol.... Then I saw my blue sport and was like yeah that's it right there nice rims a familiar exhaust tip that reminds me of my old phone chargers😂 but it said sport I'm like this bout to be fast..... Guess not lol.....

Do you have a mod list because your car looks pretty good... I'm planning on getting white rims as well and some springs and spacers.....guess I'm a looks guy rather than speed..... I'm thinking of a stance daily without the ridiculous camber
Stance daily does seem like the way to go unless you're down to try to swap or ik someone is trying to use the 9th gen si turbo kit. The mods I currently have are D2 lowering springs, Vland Headlights, Spec-D tail lights, Ebay rear bumper reflectors, front bumper DRL (I forgot from where), 5% tint all around 20% on the windshield, Aodhan AH08 18x8.5 wrapped in Vercelli Strada II 235/45, side markers, red badges, shift knob, debadged (civic and sport), ebay lip and side skirts - because I didn't want to get anything expensive just yet because this is my first car with that first lowered car, but that's pretty much it. I'm glad I did because my lip and passenger side skirt have been busted, but now I feel a bit more confident in getting an actual name brand lip kip (currently thinking about mugen). However I do have the majority of the installs on my YouTube as well if you wanna look over things before you consider certain mods
Sponsored