Ethankugs

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
Hi guys, I have a 2019 civic sport sedan with the 2.0L engine. I really want to do some performance upgrades like catted downpipe, intercooler, charge pipe etc. but I’ve been having trouble finding these upgrades for the engine. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^^ spot on, theres really not much for this engine. the biggest bang for your buck is going to be a Ktuner, intake ( i think theres really only 2-3 brand options here too - i chose AEM because its a Dry Filter = less chance for filter oil to mess up my mass airflow sensor ) it just changes your sound a bit and will likely need a tune to utilize it fully. I'm personally torn on whether or not i want to get a catted / non catted downpipe, it seems to be hit or miss with the 1.5L's on if it flips a engine code or not.

OP
OP
Ethankugs

Ethankugs

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 2.0L does not have a turbo and thus no intercooler or charge pipes.

You're limited to intake, downpipe, Ktuner for the most part.
Are intercoolers only paired with turbos? I’ve seen Mishimoto makes a universal fit

OP
OP
Ethankugs

Ethankugs

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
^^^ spot on, theres really not much for this engine. the biggest bang for your buck is going to be a Ktuner, intake ( i think theres really only 2-3 brand options here too - i chose AEM because its a Dry Filter = less chance for filter oil to mess up my mass airflow sensor ) it just changes your sound a bit and will likely need a tune to utilize it fully. I'm personally torn on whether or not i want to get a catted / non catted downpipe, it seems to be hit or miss with the 1.5L's on if it flips a engine code or not.
Yeah I have a CAI to try out and looking to get a ktuner down the road.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
turbochargers by nature slam a bunch of air into a tighter space, when that happens the laws of physics say temperature will rise, Intercoolers are required on Turbo engines to cool the air off before it gets into the turbo (Edit: Turbo not Turbine ) to go into the engine, colder air is denser, thus you can put more fuel into the engine at the same time to make more power, its partially how a 1.5L even though its 75% the engine size of our 2.0L engine, can output more power than ours.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are intercoolers only paired with turbos? I’ve seen Mishimoto makes a universal fit
Only on forced induction yes. Just because it could be mounted (with custom fab) on almost any vehicle doesn't mean it's applicable. There's no benefit to trying to cool near ambient air back to ambient temperatures with ambient air. They're used to cool super hot compressed air from a turbo or supercharger.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my apologies, i think my post was out of order, i do know the intercooler is required, i just cant remember the order it goes in, any google / youtube search for how turbo engines work will show a good breakdown of the order of the process.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Hi guys, I have a 2019 civic sport sedan with the 2.0L engine. I really want to do some performance upgrades like catted downpipe, intercooler, charge pipe etc. but I’ve been having trouble finding these upgrades for the engine. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
There is limited performance parts for the 2.0 NA version. You’re better off with the 1.5 turbo instead.

OP
OP
Ethankugs

Ethankugs

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is limited performance parts for the 2.0 NA version. You’re better off with the 1.5 turbo instead.
Yeah as I have seen. Didn’t know that when I bought mine over a year and a half ago lol

OP
OP
Ethankugs

Ethankugs

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my apologies, i think my post was out of order, i do know the intercooler is required, i just cant remember the order it goes in, any google / youtube search for how turbo engines work will show a good breakdown of the order of the process.
That all made sense, I appreciate the help
Sponsored