2.0 Weight Advantage noticeable?

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
I'm a sucker for light cars and I noticed the EX models are over 100 lbs lighter than the Turbo models. Is this noticeable at all? It doesn't seem to be reflected in performance numbers.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The power characteristics of the turbo more than makeup for the weight gain, the torque advantage, especially from lower rpms, is undeniable, in addition to not needing to wind the motor out to get power.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Why? Easy, economy, cost and marketing value. Only reason to have the 2.0L is that it's cheaper to mfg. 1.5T gives them increase mileage, power and marketing value. Same reason BMW doesn't offer a base carryover I-6. Can't hit CAFE standards with the N52 gas guzzler.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic lx
Why? Easy, economy, cost and marketing value. Only reason to have the 2.0L is that it's cheaper to mfg. 1.5T gives them increase mileage, power and marketing value. Same reason BMW doesn't offer a base carryover I-6. Can't hit CAFE standards with the N52 gas guzzler.
In the 80's BMW used to have a 2.0 liter inline six engine. They also had some turbo motors back then too. The only reason they even make a 4 cylinder turbo is that its cheaper to engineer and manufacture than a inline six. I'd like to see a 2.0 i6 turbo but everything is decided by bean counters now.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
my LX feels light :) Who needs sunroof, monroof, cameras in mirrors and all other crap :)

squelchy451

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI (RIP)
Country flag
There are a lot of for NA. Linear power band, simpler engine design, less weight, more reliable (less moving parts, lower operating temp), and I commend manufacturers for bringing the best out of their NA engines before caving into the wonderful low-end-torque and tune-potential of turbo engines.
Sponsored