jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I've had my 2.0 CIvic since 2018 and if I had to do it again i'm picking the 1.5. The 2.0 is a rock solid reliable engine that will never let you down, and with the base tune I have on it it's actually not bad to drive at all. But the 1.5 has so much more usable power throughout and makes driving more effortless. The 2.0 you have to wring out to get to where most of the power lives (which can be fun sometimes), especially on the highway when you are trying to pass at high speed. If the Civic were my daily driver, 1.5 would 100% be my choice. Only reason I don't care as much right now is because the car is on lease and i'll probably be giving it back to the dealer once the lease is up since I don't really have a lot of use for the Civic anymore. I'll miss is a lot actually but the car has been pretty much sitting pretty ever since the virus hit us, no use for it as a commuter car anymore.
Sponsored

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
1.5t has barely enough power. 2.0 is just uncivilized.

Shawn2shawn

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I currently have the 2.0 sport and Iā€™m considering trading it in for the Sport touring 1.5. My problem is that Iā€™ve heard a lot of people say the 2.0 is much better in the civic. Does anyone have any real experience with it that can help me out? Iā€™ve heard itā€™s because of oil dilution. I really want the sport touring for the extra options but if itā€™s not worth it I donā€™t want to do it. Thanks in advance for any help.
I own a 1.5 cvt turbo and my brother has a 2.0 cvt sports, I've got oil dilution recalls for my 1.5 and ac recalls, my brother 2.0 hasn't got a recall for anything, so I'd say the 2.0 is 20 times more reliable but its also slower

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I purchased my 2017 Civic Touring 1.5T with 21,000 miles in Dec of 2019. As of Dec 2020, I have 32,000 miles on the engine. I took the car in for routine service at the beginning of this month and had the tech take off the intake and check the valves for carbon build-up. The tech showed me the opened up intake and valves and there was barely any carbon build-up on the valves. He blasted the valves anyways and now they look brand-new. I have used nothing but Pennzoil Ultra Plat 0W-20 in the car since I bought it and drive it on highway and local roads as needed. No issues with oil dilution or carbon build-up so far. Rest assured these engines are great OP.
[/QUOTE

Glad to see you say this. Iā€™ve been telling people that the 1.5 turbo has been built to mitigate carbon buildup.Youā€™d probably have to hit 90-100k on these cars before cleaning the valves.

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
1.5t has barely enough power. 2.0 is just uncivilized.
Hi I disagree with you the Civic sport coupe is a fun car to drive if you rev it above 4000 rpm ;) Of course all Civic with Turbo are much faster that's a fact. In the 80's Porsche launched the 944 with 163 PS and 1200 kg like a Civic coupe sport today 160 PS (158 HP) and 1220 kg at that time the 944 was considered as a real sport car but I know I am the 50 years old guy + French here on this Forum :doh: All Civic are great cars !!! Happy Christmas to all of you Nick

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
In the 80's Porsche launched the 944 with 163 PS and 1200 kg like a Civic coupe sport today 160 PS (158 HP) and 1220 kg at that time the 944 was considered as a real sport car but I know I am the 50 years old guy + French here on this Forum :doh: All Civic are great cars !!! Happy Christmas to all of you Nick
I'm reading this Porsche was actually 143 hp in the US version and yes, it was considered a sports car..... :yes: Of course, it was a rear wheel drive coupe and probably fun enough to drive, but the 0-60 times were at the 10th gen 2.0L civic level.

Today some people doubt the Type R hatchback is a real sports car because it has 5 doors.

So yeah, enjoy whatever you have and Merry Christmas to you.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today some people doubt the Type R hatchback is a real sports car because it has 5 doors.
personally I will never understand why the type r is a station wagon...the coupe would've made a much better type r car.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've decided to never tune my CVT Non-Si turbo. (Personal choice - based on relatively weaker internals + CVT.) That may be an overly cautious approach, and many on here would tell me that it's perfectly safe, but anyway.... since you brought it up, I'd love to get a 6MT 2.0 Sport Coupe, tune it, mod it, and drive the snot out of it. How fun would that be.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Went from a 2.0 sport sedan to a 1.5t ex hatch, and 1.5t si. Upgraded mainly because I wanted the extras (lane watch, sunroof, rear cup holders, etc...). Do I regret upgrading, not really. Would I have been fine if I hadnā€™t, yup. Sport is more than sufficient to be honest. Like most said, more extras = more stuff to go wrong.

basically go test drive the touring, and see if the extras, and turbo are worth the extra cost to you.

Last edited:

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
My two cents is my 2.0 6MT is fun to drive. A rocket? Nah. Sluggish? Not much. We also have a ā€˜20 Accord EX-L (1.5T/CVT) and I love driving it, but wouldnā€™t trade either car for the other. They each have their personalities and are very good in their own way.

Itā€™s all personal preference.
Sponsored