First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Frankly, I thought I liked the HDMI exhaust port. But now I kind of want to swap it out for a dual tube exit, like the one you find on the Sport Hatchback.
Oooh, if you do pls post pics.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Frankly, I thought I liked the HDMI exhaust port. But now I kind of want to swap it out for a dual tube exit, like the one you find on the Sport Hatchback.
Yes! I have a 2018 lx sedan. I’ve been curious about installing a factory 2019 sport exhaust on mine but also replacing the tip for dual round tips and adding a diffuser. Can you post some pictures of your factory exhaust please? I want to see how the muffler is set in there to see if it could be swapped into a 18 lx sedan

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
Anyone with a 2019 2.0NA sport have an underbody shot?
I know this is an old post but this is my 2020 civic sport sedan 2.0 NA. Underb0dy shot. I took it myself cause I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 sport sedan exhaust on normal sedan 20200412_153931

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 sport sedan exhaust on normal sedan 20200412_154048

OP
OP
CobraCommand

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I know this is an old post but this is my 2020 civic sport sedan 2.0 NA. Underb0dy shot. I took it myself cause I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Ah thanks, I actually went from a 2017 2.0NA sedan to a 2019 1.5T hatch last year, but I appreciate you seeing this and posting pics.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My 2020 civic sport sedan rocks a spare tire ???
Yes it has a spare, but they had to raise the floor by using the foam all the way around so the floor is even to the spare. In the lx sedan the floor is lower and doesn’t have all that foam raising the floor up. So when you access the spare in the sport you notice the entire floor cover comes up? Well in the Lx sedan only the center floor cover opens. That’s because it doesn’t require that kit raising the floor so the tire does sit lower into the well. It’s probably about two to three inches difference, but because of that is why the factory sport exhaust will not fit on the lx sedan

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
Yes it has a spare, but they had to raise the floor by using the foam all the way around so the floor is even to the spare. In the lx sedan the floor is lower and doesn’t have all that foam raising the floor up. So when you access the spare in the sport you notice the entire floor cover comes up? Well in the Lx sedan only the center floor cover opens. That’s because it doesn’t require that kit raising the floor so the tire does sit lower into the well. It’s probably about two to three inches difference, but because of that is why the factory sport exhaust will not fit on the lx sedan
Oh ok that's something I didnt know. I didnt know there was a difference in spare tire trunks because I had a 2018 EX previous to this and it had a trunk basically mirror image of the slot if i remember my old one correctly. My exhaust doesn't go underneath the spare tire though. From the tip in it cuts immediately 90 degrees to the passenger side of under the trunk and theres a muffler there that's an inlet/outlet on the same side and then it comes out at another 90 and heads towards the engine. You couldn't route around your spare tire deal? Just a londer I've never seen an lx that close.
Oh see I didnt know that. I had an 18 Ex prior but it had the same kind of spare tire area I believe. Not that I modded it I didnt want to waste time on a cvt. But my exhaust doesnt sit under the spare tire. From the tip it cuts 90 degrees to the passenger side of the trunk and then the exhaust has inlet/outlet on the same side. The it comes out and cuts 90 to the engine. Couldn't you kind of avoid going under the spare tire part? Just a ponder.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh ok that's something I didnt know. I didnt know there was a difference in spare tire trunks because I had a 2018 EX previous to this and it had a trunk basically mirror image of the slot if i remember my old one correctly. My exhaust doesn't go underneath the spare tire though. From the tip in it cuts immediately 90 degrees to the passenger side of under the trunk and theres a muffler there that's an inlet/outlet on the same side and then it comes out at another 90 and heads towards the engine. You couldn't route around your spare tire deal? Just a londer I've never seen an lx that close.

Oh see I didnt know that. I had an 18 Ex prior but it had the same kind of spare tire area I believe. Not that I modded it I didnt want to waste time on a cvt. But my exhaust doesnt sit under the spare tire. From the tip it cuts 90 degrees to the passenger side of the trunk and then the exhaust has inlet/outlet on the same side. The it comes out and cuts 90 to the engine. Couldn't you kind of avoid going under the spare tire part? Just a ponder.
I was just explaining why the sport exhaust wouldn’t work on a regular sedan. The sport models have a lifted spare tire well to allow room for the exhaust. Yes both models have spares but on the sports the floor is lifted with foam to allow the floor to be level with the spare. The Lx and Ex models do not require this and have deeper spare tire wells.