2.0 NA-Non Turbo, CVT Ktuner experiences?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
So your saying u will only get 2 to 4 hp and what's the difference in the 2.0 vs 1.5 t cvt trans
1.5T CVT can handle more torque, as high torque numbers are CVT’s #1 killer (not just Honda’s, all CVT transmissions). Had they put in a 10 speed auto in these cars.. now we’re talking a whole different ball game and a new world of power/torque numbers. Shame, but fuel economy wouldn’t be what it is now and people buy civics for the price, reliability, and fuel economy.
Sponsored

jsharon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRZ Limited 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1.5T CVT can handle more torque, as high torque numbers are CVT’s #1 killer (not just Honda’s, all CVT transmissions). Had they put in a 10 speed auto in these cars.. now we’re talking a whole different ball game and a new world of power/torque numbers. Shame, but fuel economy wouldn’t be what it is now and people buy civics for the price, reliability, and fuel economy.
Honda will never put an auto in the civics because it takes away from there Acura line up. The dct in the Acura is very fun to drive with the paddle shifters. I drove a v6 awd tlx as a rental recently and it almost got me to trade in my Acura mdx for a sedan. Imagine if honda decided the turbo civics get a 2.0L 4 cylinder with a turbo paired with a dct out of the Acura. If they upgrade the engine in the higher trims they should just give the base civic the onld turbo 1.5L and the type r should get a turbo v6 or maybe a twin turbo v6 but even then they would crank the prices up on all the msrps.