2.0 NA engine oil thread

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Why? it provides us with the health of the engine and is especially useful in determining reliability for those who are running mods/tunes for signs of premature wear

Your question concerns those who modify their engine, I had not read.
I don't have an opinion.
My answer was to the original Civics
Sponsored

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Your question concerns those who modify their engine, I had not read.
I don't have an opinion.
My answer was to the original Civics
Ohhh yeah then tbh it's pointless these things are like tanks if you run them stock and have a little fun from time to time.

I will upload an oil analysis on my oil change after I do 3-4k on my new downpipe and custom tune. 5k after installing nitrous so everyone can see approximately how much deterioration and wear there is on our engines.

However, I did abuse this car for the first 15000 miles simply bc I'm new to cars, didn't know a break in period was a thing, and just uneducated, thinking that these cars are tanks even after abuse. Majority of abuse was with no mods however. (Abuse: redlining during break-in period, reverse donuts, hard launches, multiple WOT runs in 1st, 2nd, 3rd in one driving session).
If anything, these results would show worst case scenario for us and provide an extreme baseline of the most wear and tear on the K20C2.