mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2.0
Country flag
I am about to install my catless downpipe on my 19 2.0 NA and I have a KTuner I have already done borla exhaust and drop in filter with a tube flashed on. I am wondering how I get the downpipe tune or if the tune that I already flashed is sufficient. I emailed the guys at RV6 performance and I was told the tune that’s on right now should be fine and to get a dyno tune at some point. Do I need a different one flashed to my KTuner and to the car or just leave it for now and get a dyno tune?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LXP
Country flag
The current tune/flash offered with the KTuner is sufficient until you're ready for your own dyno tune.
You may get a code (P0139) for the O2 sensor. While you can clear the code, and it will eventually return. RV6 explained that being a possibility, and provided 2 solutions...

1) Adjust the sensor housing, and allow the sensor to sit deeper.
2) Block the code using the KTuner settings when plugged to computer/laptop. This will create a "new" tune to be flashed.

In the event the sensor does go bad at some point, a different code will appear amongst others. I figured this out by keeping tabs on my Air Fuel Ratio using the KTuner V2. I also confirmed this with the mechanic/tuner that helped me block the code.

2017 LXP Coupe
AEM Cold Air Intake
Invidia N1 Exhaust
RV6 Catless Downpipe
KTuner - Current 5300 Tune

Locksedan

First Name
Lock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic lx sedan
Country flag
The current tune/flash offered with the KTuner is sufficient until you're ready for your own dyno tune.
You may get a code (P0139) for the O2 sensor. While you can clear the code, and it will eventually return. RV6 explained that being a possibility, and provided 2 solutions...

1) Adjust the sensor housing, and allow the sensor to sit deeper.
2) Block the code using the KTuner settings when plugged to computer/laptop. This will create a "new" tune to be flashed.

In the event the sensor does go bad at some point, a different code will appear amongst others. I figured this out by keeping tabs on my Air Fuel Ratio using the KTuner V2. I also confirmed this with the mechanic/tuner that helped me block the code.

2017 LXP Coupe
AEM Cold Air Intake
Invidia N1 Exhaust
RV6 Catless Downpipe
KTuner - Current 5300 Tune
how bad is the smell in the cabin with the catless pipe?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LXP
Country flag
No issues with gas mileage (32+ mpg).

Yes, I am still running the same setup

Locksedan

First Name
Lock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic lx sedan
Country flag
No issues with gas mileage (32+ mpg).

Yes, I am still running the same setup
Perfect, thanks for all the reply’s! Last question is what happens with the eco mode button. Is it still affective after applying ktuner or is it disabled?