2.0 front strut bar?

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual
@KYRGYZ @saiyan1485 That picture is of the 2.0L engine. Like he said he added some washer spacers and he's good to go.
To my knowledge, we have not had this issue occur with others, and the bar should fit the 2.0L non-turbo motor without issue. If the plastic engine cover height or the bar height was off by about 1-2 mm, then that could cause it to possibly touch the engine cover. We would have to take some detailed measurements of this customer's car to really know since we have not had this issue before.

If you did order the strut bar and had any fitment issues, we would of course take care of it. I would also want to see some detailed pics to try to narrow down what was going on.
I will get on that. Its not a big deal but for information purposes only i will get you that info.
Sponsored

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KYRGYZ @saiyan1485 That picture is of the 2.0L engine. Like he said he added some washer spacers and he's good to go.
To my knowledge, we have not had this issue occur with others, and the bar should fit the 2.0L non-turbo motor without issue. If the plastic engine cover height or the bar height was off by about 1-2 mm, then that could cause it to possibly touch the engine cover. We would have to take some detailed measurements of this customer's car to really know since we have not had this issue before.

If you did order the strut bar and had any fitment issues, we would of course take care of it. I would also want to see some detailed pics to try to narrow down what was going on.
I will get on that. Its not a big deal but for information purposes only i will get you that info.

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you can tell the bar sits right above the engine with the washers. Without them nothing but rattling. Bar against engine.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 front strut bar? 20170829_070020

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 front strut bar? 20170829_070009

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 front strut bar? 20170829_065958

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 front strut bar? 20170829_065941

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 front strut bar? 20170829_065949

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed photos. It seems that the bar is hitting against that one "hump" on the plastic engine cover.

I'll pass this info along. In any case, your solution of adding washers is the right way to go, and will not affect the performance of the bar. Great job on that!

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed photos. It seems that the bar is hitting against that one "hump" on the plastic engine cover.

I'll pass this info along. In any case, your solution of adding washers is the right way to go, and will not affect the performance of the bar. Great job on that!
@procivic Was this strut bar only test fitted using the 1.5T engine?

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2.0 front strut bar? Oh u

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@procivic Was this strut bar only test fitted using the 1.5T engine?
No, but the bar did go through a revision, and I'm thinking that is what caused it to just barely touch the plastic "hump" on the 2.0L non-turbo engine cover.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, after much deliberation, we decided to officially "unlist" the 2.0L non-turbo engines for this part. The reason is that some customers are getting confused about what type of washers to purchase, or how many to use. In the future, we might end up including specialized washers, but for now we have changed the listing. Anyone with a 2.0L non-turbo engine is still welcome to purchase the strut bar, but you just have to realize that it will touch the factory plastic engine cover unless washers are used (or the engine cover is removed).

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, after much deliberation, we decided to officially "unlist" the 2.0L non-turbo engines for this part. The reason is that some customers are getting confused about what type of washers to purchase, or how many to use. In the future, we might end up including specialized washers, but for now we have changed the listing. Anyone with a 2.0L non-turbo engine is still welcome to purchase the strut bar, but you just have to realize that it will touch the factory plastic engine cover unless washers are used (or the engine cover is removed).
@procivic I respect that you are acknowledging the issue.
Sponsored