2.0 catted downpipe?

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I recently bought a ktuner for my 2.0 CVT Civic and it feels like a whole different car. Browsing this forum has got me interested in the catted downpipe from RV6. I just had a few questions before I put any money into it.

1. Is it too loud? I know that the catted version hasn't actually been shipped out to anyone yet, but based on the catless, how loud can we expect it to be? I just don't want a fart can sound.

2. How much crank hp can I expect to have with the downpipe + tune? If Im only gaining 5-7 hp it might not be worth it.

3. How difficult is the installation?
Sponsored

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I recently bought a ktuner for my 2.0 CVT Civic and it feels like a whole different car. Browsing this forum has got me interested in the catted downpipe from RV6. I just had a few questions before I put any money into it.

1. Is it too loud? I know that the catted version hasn't actually been shipped out to anyone yet, but based on the catless, how loud can we expect it to be? I just don't want a fart can sound.

2. How much crank hp can I expect to have with the downpipe + tune? If Im only gaining 5-7 hp it might not be worth it.

3. How difficult is the installation?
I pre-ordered it but added the black ceramic coating so it will take longer to ship, but once I receive it i can report here.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
What does the ceramic coating do?
I believe it reduces the temperature of the down pipe which I'm guessing makes it go faster, but honestly I have no idea if it was even worth it on a 2.0l, but I'd rather risk paying extra for it for no real benefits verses not getting it and risk the down pipe overheating and/or missing out on additional power gains.
Sponsored