MIKROMO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan, 2017 Subaru Forester
Country flag
So, at 67 years old, and an avid sportbike rider, I have gotten my share of speeding tickets over the years. I got pulled over by the Missouri HP for 86 in a 65 zone (I had just shifted to 6th). I have a lawyer in the family, so haven't had a "point" for years, but what was unusual for this time, is that the trooper, takes my license and insurance card, looks at them, looks back in the car at me and says "Is this YOUR car???" in an incredulous voice (my 2018 SI sedan is bright red). "What, an old man can't own a freaking Civic!?" I've owned more sporty rides than that kid has had hot meals. I might be old, but I still have my need for speed:dunno:
Sponsored

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
You know, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be some kind talking about how he got a ticket because his Civic is "so fast. I was relieved to see that wasn't the case. I too love to move along at a brisk pace. Although I am much younger than you, I haven't noticed any decrease in my need for speed as I age. I was ticketed by the MHP once for traveling in the left lane while not passing, which at the time I thought was BS. Nowadays, I wish that was actually enforced more than it is.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Tell me about it. I get that all the time for my 91 CRX which I have added a JDM B16a, custom turbo install, big brakes, upgraded sways, totally worked over suspension, everything....and I'm a 41 year old dude from the sticks with a big goatee, bigger gut who open carries, and drives a truck with a gun rack in the window, got a lifted jeep, atv's etc....but I love my little C-Rex, the traffic assassin. Something about 300hp in a 2100 lb car....and not needing to hit 4th till 105....

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Kind of like everyone else here, I am 36, my first Civic was an EM1 which I bought in 2000. I have owned plenty of sports cars over the years; which I still own several, but most days I just enjoy getting into my 17 Civic SI enjoy the curves and bang through the gears. I still consider trading it in for a Type R some days, but the styling in my line of work always makes me rethink the Type R. It just enjoy manual transmission, a car with some room to rev, and hugs tight corners... I think I will miss this when everything goes electric in 20 years.

HammerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Same here. I'm 53 and don't plan on slowing down any time soon.:drive:
You're only as old as you feel. :nixon:

Hwy191

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Tickets were a lot cheaper in the 70's and 80's though. I figure I've had 10-15 speeding tickets. Nothing in the past two decades or so though, not even on my '16 Ninja 1000 ABS

OP
OP

MIKROMO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan, 2017 Subaru Forester
Country flag
You know, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be some kind talking about how he got a ticket because his Civic is "so fast. I was relieved to see that wasn't the case. I too love to move along at a brisk pace. Although I am much younger than you, I haven't noticed any decrease in my need for speed as I age. I was ticketed by the MHP once for traveling in the left lane while not passing, which at the time I thought was BS. Nowadays, I wish that was actually enforced more than it is.
I don't really see the SI as a "fast" car, but it is total fun to drive, which that and economy was my reason to get it. I just love how willing the car is to rev freely through the gears at 1/4th to 1/2 throttle, and the handling is excellent. I woke up early Sunday morning with a bit of a backache that prevented me from going back to sleep, and I almost went out for a little spin. Ended up taking my Honda Interceptor out instead, same feeling on the bike, except.... it really is fast "gear driven cams!", mine weighs about 490 lbs/110 HP.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I don't really see the SI as a "fast" car, but it is total fun to drive, which that and economy was my reason to get it. I just love how willing the car is to rev freely through the gears at 1/4th to 1/2 throttle, and the handling is excellent. I woke up early Sunday morning with a bit of a backache that prevented me from going back to sleep, and I almost went out for a little spin. Ended up taking my Honda Interceptor out instead, same feeling on the bike, except.... it really is fast "gear driven cams!", mine weighs about 490 lbs/110 HP.
Nothing beats the feeling of a fast bike.

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny how in a supposedly "tolerant" society there are still age-typical stereotypes running around. I'll drive what I want, listen to whatever I want, as loud as I want, anytime I want.

LickwidApex

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You're not alone good sir. Mine's bright red. I want to be happy and zippy like you when I get over 60.
Sponsored