1st 2019 Tonic Yellow Pearl Civic I've seen in person (Video)

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I decided to take a drive over to a dealership that just got in a 2019 Civic Sport Coupe in Tonic Yellow Pearl. Since the Honda website makes the color look different in every image I decided to upload a video so that you can all see what this wickedly bright color looks like in person.

I'm pretty sure that this is one of the first in person videos of the car in this color on YouTube. Enjoy!
Sponsored

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
Nice find! Old school Honda fans like myself will find this color appealing. Reminds me of a Phoenix Yellow ITR, but lighter.

It’s cool that they gave the color to the Sport/SI Coupe, but I feel like it was meant for the R.

Thanks for posting! :headbang:

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the color! I came on here today to post the same video! I think I'll be upgrading in 2019 from My 17 MSM LX to an SI in tonic yellow.

OP
OP
HarlowQuinn

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Love the color! I came on here today to post the same video! I think I'll be upgrading in 2019 from My 17 MSM LX to an SI in tonic yellow.
LOL, I'm glad you found the video! Pretty much right now if you search YouTube for tonic yellow pearl or tonic yellow pearl Honda Civic, mine is one of the first results and only ones with actual real world footage. I figured I'd do the video since it was one of the more difficult colors to capture on their website accurately. I'm glad it helps you decide to get one. The yellow would actually look really nice with the red lip spoiler which I believe they carried over from 2018 since the front bumper on the SI is the same.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL, I'm glad you found the video! Pretty much right now if you search YouTube for tonic yellow pearl or tonic yellow pearl Honda Civic, mine is one of the first results and only ones with actual real world footage. I figured I'd do the video since it was one of the more difficult colors to capture on their website accurately. I'm glad it helps you decide to get one. The yellow would actually look really nice with the red lip spoiler which I believe they carried over from 2018 since the front bumper on the SI is the same.
I agree with the thought. I like the look of the hfp kit on the si. But it's a 6k jump in price in canada. mabey just the lip and hfp suspension added down the road.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I decided to take a drive over to a dealership that just got in a 2019 Civic Sport Coupe in Tonic Yellow Pearl. Since the Honda website makes the color look different in every image I decided to upload a video so that you can all see what this wickedly bright color looks like in person.

I'm pretty sure that this is one of the first in person videos of the car in this color on YouTube. Enjoy!
Thanks for the Video.

So, it has the long awaited "Volume Knob", but does not have the Fan "Speed Up" & "Speed Down" buttons to the left of the Climate Control button. (like the 2019 Si is reported to have)

Honda Civic 10th gen 1st  2019 Tonic Yellow Pearl Civic I've seen in person (Video) 2019_Honda_Civic_Si

Is this just Honda Picking and Choosing what options are offered on different Country's models. ?

I think this is the most frustrating thing I find with Honda... how they give some the goodies, but the USA Market seems to always have those feature missing. :banghead:

Last edited:

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the Video.

So, it has the long awaited "Volume Knob", but does not have the Fan "Speed Up" & "Speed Down" buttons to the left of the Climate Control button. (like the 2019 Si is reported to have)

2019_Honda_Civic_Si.jpg

Is this just Honda Picking and Choosing what options are offered on different Country's models. ?

I think this is the most frustrating thing I find with Honda... how they give some the goodies, but the USA Market seems to always have those feature missing. :banghead:
Fan speed is already adjustable on non dual zone climate control equipped vehicles like the sport will be. The fan speed option will be added for the trims that have dual zone climate control.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Nice..but in your face...
Traditional yellow like Barbados yellow on the CRX would have been better imo

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Civic Taxi Cab

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Helios Yellow actually looks good on the Fit. I think Honda might be holding out Phoenix Yellow later for the CTR.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1st  2019 Tonic Yellow Pearl Civic I've seen in person (Video) 2019-Honda-Fit-Gallery-29

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the video. Nice color. I still think they toned the front end down. Just don't like it at all.

OP
OP
HarlowQuinn

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks for the video. Nice color. I still think they toned the front end down. Just don't like it at all.
I've heard a few people say that, I guess it's a good thing for SI buyers that they didn't make any changes to the styling. The only thing I think is that the front lip should be integrated into the bumper since in my opinion it really makes a huge difference on the appearance in conjunction with the air dam. Without it, it definitely looks like there's something missing. Even having it body colored or carbon fiber for the last adventurous that don't want to red, but I think it looks awful without it. A lot of the M-series BMWs have gone with a similar look treatment to the front bumper but they always closed it off between the right and left openings somewhere on the bottom to give a more complete and consistent look.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1st  2019 Tonic Yellow Pearl Civic I've seen in person (Video) 5FE0E8F3-1262-4AED-A6AE-11EDE6C2DCDB
Honda Civic 10th gen 1st  2019 Tonic Yellow Pearl Civic I've seen in person (Video) 6FC2E012-0B54-43EF-A434-E67A1D198F1F