Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
So I’m full bolt on with stock turbo and inlet pipe with custom tune from John V for about a month now and Love it. Today I added 1g E85 to my tank of 91 and Wow!!

My ltft lived at zero and even with a hand full of short rips on the freeway my knock stayed at 49. When it usually jumps to 54 and higher sometimes. And swear it feels more punchy.

My main question is this ok to do once in awhile or would it be bad long term being I’m tuned for 91?
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't think adding a gallon of e85 every tank would hurt, but I personally don't do it every fill up because of availability. Every once in a while shouldn't hurt, but I have heard that overuse of e85 without proper modification to your fueling system can cause issues down the road.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was doing it for 4 months no issues ?‍ I tried doing it every fill up since there’s an E station a block away from my house

OP
OP

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s just hit a gas station down the street now has it so I was curious pros and cons I have a FK7 so concerned about pushing it too much. I’m guessing with my set up I might be around 230 HP being that I have stock turbo I wonder if I should just go with a flex fuel kit for a little more power which obviously is cheaper than a drop in turbo not to mention my concern about it being a non-SI. That way I can run E 30 blend whenever I want and just run 91 80% of the time.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you get a flex fuel kit and want to tune for some more power, get it custom tuned.

Also you say you're concerned about too much power due to owning a non-Si. Even more so for you with an FK7. 71% of non-Si engine failures in my tuning reliability thread are hatches (weaker rods).

OP
OP

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh my. Maybe I’ll stick with my current set up.
Sponsored