First Name
Tessa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none!
Country flag
Hi Y'all,

My name is Tessa and I am new here and to the world of cars (woohoo!). I may be acquiring a 1976 Honda Civic cvcc for free because it has a fair amount of rust, the engine is possibly seized, and who knows what else. But it's free so why not! I want to learn and this is probably the best way!

I've been looking online for full engines to replace the one that's in the car already but they are so difficult to find. Does anyone have any advice about ways that an engine could be un-seized, or parts that could probably be salvaged from the existing engine and replaced with parts from another? I won't know the condition until I open it up, of course, but I want to prepare for the worse case scenario.

Engine compatibility with cvcc engines, or just general information about these engines would be much appreciated, as well as advice about car mechanics!

Thanks,
Tessa
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to say but you probably aren't going to find any info here for that car. This forum is specific to 2016+ Honda Civic's. May want to check honda-tech.com as that site should cover every model imaginable.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
I learned to drive stick on a 1978 Civic. Nice project you got there. Best of luck.
Sponsored