'19 Si Coupe Speaker Upgrade (worth the money?)

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Exactly! That is half the reason I went with them. They build boxes for the type of Sundown Sub I have. Gonna have it tuned to 35hz
35hz is very good for SQ.
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I'm going for. I'm past the boom boom phase of my life...lol
What are you using? I think a single SA X 12 will still be pretty violent. That's what I'd stick in this pretty decent size sedan trunk.:thumbsup:

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Well Started the Project. Ran into some issues with aligning the Kicker speakers to the Speaker Adapter. It's going to be "fun" getting that center bolt through to hold the entire setup in place. Also the Hertz 3.5 inch speaker for the center speaker had incompatible negative wire clip so I had to solder one on myself. I really need a good soldering iron. I am getting annoyed with my cheapo one. They never work.

IMG_20190622_174103.jpg

IMG_20190622_182402.jpg

IMG_20190622_182414.jpg

IMG_20190622_185117.jpg

IMG_20190622_185130.jpg
Thank you for the write up.

I was wondering if you had issues fitting the Hertz DCX 87.3 center speaker. On Crutchfield.com, it says that it does not fit.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally took the dive and started the install. currently running a loc and fosgate dsr1 dsp to the amps. I have installed 2 sa 12s on 2k but I'm working on the box to install my sa xv2 12 on the 2k. have skar 150.4 1k at 600w powering the components. have 1 set of crescendo symphony 6.5s but need a second pair of components. Im thinking crescendo mezzos or sa 6.5 cs v3s. I have a crescendo pwx 8 midrange in the center subwoofer spot on 500w ab, thinking of adding the other matching 8 on the tunnel in the rear. I'm working on the amp rack to mount to the ultra 4 piece strut brace. I ended up taking off the spoiler because it was too violent. Now the dent guy is flattening the 10 holes next week. I'll sound deaden under the holes then fill them then my wrap guy is wrapping the trunk and hood in shadow black.

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
100%

#1 is to replace the Center Speaker
(a) For a better speaker (more mellow - better response & tone)
(b) To add sound dampening behind it
(c) To get a speaker that is less sensitive in the center, so more BALANCED volume comes from the front side speakers. Added Bonus -- stereo effect are more enhanced to what they should be.

With the OEM setup, the Center speaker is always too loud, and thus the front side speaker are drowned out by the smaller, less bass response center speaker.

Swapping out the Center speaker will give the overall perception of a lot more Bass in the front of the car, without the harsh, thin overpowering sound from the OEM center speaker.

#2 is to add sound damping behind the from side speakers

#3 is to upgrade the front side speakers (if you are really feeling the need)

Then, evaluate the system, and determine if you really want more BOOMING Bass from the back, and if so, maybe consider the LSI2 + Amp + Enclose Sub (expensive -- STUPID EXPENSIVE if you don't do it yourself and allow an Car Audio shop to rep you off!!) Without the high costing Car Audio Shop LABOR charges, you can spend more of your budget on the actual amp & SUb etc.
Thanks for your input.
What would you recommend for a "less sensitive" center speaker?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored