Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
They offer 18x10 +20 and 18x9 +25
Would you recommend one over the other?
Well, +35 to +30 is pretty flush, so if you past that and 10 width it’s gonna poke out a decent amount. Cosmis are aggressive. I was gonna get +33 xt006r 9.5 and those poke out doesn’t look flush. But I was just wondering I haven’t seen a civic run aggressive without wide body kit so I was just curious. But I do remember you have coil overs and you can probably run some camber on it too but fitment industry has pics on how they’d look. I’ve seen some aggressive ones there that pokes out

Last edited:
OP
OP
leastfavourite

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking good! Have you ever considered spacers to pop your wheels out a bit?
Well, I caved and went to try and order a set of GarageLine 20mm spacers to hold me over.

Got a reply back saying that the spacers are also on back order... until the end of May ?‍♂

Last edited:
OP
OP
leastfavourite

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After almost 6 months of ownership I finally got off my ass and got the tint done ?
18% Suntek Carbon on the sides with a windshield strip.
I removed the Mugen visors so they could apply the tint and replaced them with the Procivic/HIC ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 1619814880411

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 1619814941864

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Good looking car. That lip actually looks really, really good. Nice work.

OP
OP
leastfavourite

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good looking car. That lip actually looks really, really good. Nice work.
Thank you! Feels like progress is being made :cool:
I'm still on the fence about the lip paint wise so I might revisit in the future but it's been a solid addition.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Nice little project you have here. The rear bumper vents make such a big difference, eh.

What are you doing with the tail lights? Just removing the red lenses?

OP
OP
leastfavourite

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice little project you have here. The rear bumper vents make such a big difference, eh.

What are you doing with the tail lights? Just removing the red lenses?
Once I get a CTR wing put on I think the rear vents will look even better, as of right now I'm actually on the fence about them.

And yes clearing them!
This trunk light in particular was way more difficult to separate than the tail light, the adhesive along the lenses edges were tight and I ended up cracking it pretty bad in a few places trying to pry it apart. I ended up using a heat gun and a box cutter to slowly slice at the adhesive underneath the plastic instead of trying to pry at it.
Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 1621132710271

Overall most of the flaws aren't as noticeable with all the reflective internals.
Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 1621132920572

All that's left is to clean and reseal the light and do the same to the right side.

Last edited:

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
That's a shame. It looks really good though. If ya can, try throwing them in the oven for a while and it makes it so much easier to separate the lenses (being sensible with the heat of course). I've done a few of them over the years and this has always been the easiest way.

If it's your kinda thing, right now would be a good time to get some LED strips and you could make the turn signals sequential too.

OP
OP
leastfavourite

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a shame. It looks really good though. If ya can, try throwing them in the oven for a while and it makes it so much easier to separate the lenses (being sensible with the heat of course). I've done a few of them over the years and this has always been the easiest way.

If it's your kinda thing, right now would be a good time to get some LED strips and you could make the turn signals sequential too.
I had a few friends suggest this to me as well, I think I'm too scared to try or at least until I've had some practice on other lights ?
For now I'll try the box cutter heat gun thing on the right lamp and if it works with no cracking I'll go back and do the same again to the left light I have in the car atm

Also that would be awesome but there's no way I'd figure it out, maybe I'll look into it a bit before I get both resealed

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also that would be awesome but there's no way I'd figure it out, maybe I'll look into it a bit before I get both resealed
It's actually really easy. You can buy ready-made sequential amber strips and all you do is stick them in place and power them from your normal turn signal plug. I just did a quick Google search and these ones came up but they're available in loads of sizes.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/QasimLed-F...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

OP
OP
leastfavourite

leastfavourite

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's actually really easy. You can buy ready-made sequential amber strips and all you do is stick them in place and power them from your normal turn signal plug. I just did a quick Google search and these ones came up but they're available in loads of sizes.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/QasimLed-F...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
That's actually nuts, I'm going to place an order for one and test it out on this left light.

I ended up test fitting it to see the lights. Definitely have to throw in a red led brake and led turn signal.
Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 1621313466799

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article. :)
Sponsored