r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello everyone. Just this year, I became the happy owner of a 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport in Sonic Gray Pearl, and I'm completely enamored. I've always loved Hondas and Civics in particular, but owning one is a totally different world. The aftermarket, community, tuners, etc... for the Civic is astonishing and there are so many ways we can make our cars unique to us. Somehow my hobbies always end up being the expensive kind, so what's one more to add to the list? With that being said, allow me to give you a little background.

My name is Rob, I live in New Jersey, and I'm a machinist. Design, precision, and all things custom are serious passions of mine. On the side I own Feather Industries, which specializes in prototyping and EDC type stuff, but I have long wanted to get involved with car parts, both cosmetic and performance, so this may be a good place to share some things I come up with and test out on my car. And any good machinist is an intense perfectionist, so this should be fun lol.

For the time being, welcome to my Civic journal. I'm a huge fan of the race aesthetic, and the 10th gen hatch lends itself to that style in a street warrior kind of way. Trying to go for a functionally aggressive look that compliments the hard geometry and striking colorway of my car. Absolutely not trying to look too rice. I want an understated, tough presence. Performance-wise I want to keep things cool and maximize handling and available power with the CVT. 90% of my driving is around town with a little highway mixed in, so I want it to be snappy and nimble, but with a good bit of oomph in the tank for when I need it. Here's what I've got so far and what I've got planned.

Installed:

Performance
-Hondata FlashPro
-TSP Stage 1 tune
-Hardrace RMM
-DC Sports front strut bar
-PRL Cobra (race MAF)
-NGK spark plugs (0.028" gap)

Exterior
-SpoilerKing FK7 duckbill spoiler
-Rally Armor UR splash guards
-Lamin-X yellow head / fog tint
-FK8 LED headlights
-H.I.C. window visors
-Build stickers (+5HP each bro)

Interior
-(None / stock)

Planned

Performance
-PRL intercooler and pipes
-PRL catted DP/FP
-27WON W1 turbo
-GReddy DD-R exhaust
-Brian Crower ProH2K rods
-JE 9.5:1 73mm pistons
-Water/meth injection
-Coilovers or springs
-Better brakes
-Better tires
-Better wheels

Exterior
-Downforce Solutions rear diffuser
-Window tint
-New grill

Interior
-New steering wheel
-Leather or CF trim swap
-LED interior lights

I'll keep this post updated as I install more stuff or add things to the "Planned" list and will be posting pictures along the way. Thanks for stopping by!
Sponsored

Last edited:

abesukka

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
What base map are you on with your Ktuner?

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
First and only two changes are truly beneficial:

A drop-in high flow filter will NET you much better IAT1s.
An IC will keep you running strong on the base maps (especially in the warmer weather).
[Possibly tires - if you're really up to it]

Everything else is window dressing.
The internals of the Non-Si models are not as stout as the Si models (to include the Turbo by a margin).
DP/FP are not going to NET you much with the stock turbo.
If you change the diameter of your exhaust or lose your resonator - you will indeed feel that loss in power due to low back pressure.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE - 6/8/2019

Installed PRL Cobra with the Race MAF, Hasport 62a RMM, H.I.C. window visors, fog and headlight tint, and LED lights.

Also, while updating my tune to accommodate the Race MAF housing, decided to change up to the 21psi dual tune with throttle response and spooling at Improved II, turbo response at Improved III, and turbo ramp at Agressive I.

Still working on getting some nice pictures lol.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
UPDATE - 6/8/2019

Installed PRL Cobra with the Race MAF, Hasport 62a RMM, H.I.C. window visors, fog and headlight tint, and LED lights.

Also, while updating my tune to accommodate the Race MAF housing, decided to change up to the 21psi dual tune with throttle response and spooling at Improved II, turbo response at Improved III, and turbo ramp at Agressive I.

Still working on getting some nice pictures lol.
How do you like the 62A so far? I've been marinating on the idea of putting in a stiffer RMM but don't want so much NVH that it ruins daily driving.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do you like the 62A so far? I've been marinating on the idea of putting in a stiffer RMM but don't want so much NVH that it ruins daily driving.
It's tough to say because it'll vary quite a bit in terms of personal preference/opinion. Personally, I think it's very tolerable. It's really only rough between 1200 and 1500 RPM it seems. But I definitely wouldn't go any stiffer for a daily driver. I'll give you a better impression once I've driven with it for a bit. I've also heard they tend to break in a little so it may even improve.

I think the benefits outweigh the slight increase in NVH for me.

Last edited:

rflkptr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK7 Sonic Grey, '15 Outback Limited
Country flag
I'm living through you right now. Currently out to sea for a long, long while. You have practically the same mods / goals as I do for my own SGP, so I'm in it for the pictures! :)

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
-Update-

Switched from KTuner to Hondata. More in-depth thread on that coming soon.

Also broke one of my window visors attempting to take them off to change the tape, so pictures will have to wait :(

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Removed the Hasport RMM in favor of something a little less annoying.

I was super into it and didn't mind the NVH at first because it felt awesome. Then the novelty wore off as I drove it every day for a month and I couldn't stand it. I'm also getting some tiny clunking noises here and there inside the engine bay when accelerating and decelerating (gonna examine my other mounts this weekend), and I can't imagine it would be caused by anything other than the RMM. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, this thing is a bummer to drive with for more than a few days if you're not competitively racing.

Got a Hardrace RMM on the way, so we'll see how that compares. I'm hoping I still retain some (I'm not expecting all) of the benefits I had with the Hasport but with less NVH. Would probably make more sense with my "aggressive street build" anyway.

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just thought you would like to see my 2019 Sport UK model in Sonic Grey Pearl that I am in the middle of modding...

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance fullsizeoutput_501

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance Q%o5ddVHSsuYJGIKHKcw7Q

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance ylIMzcawSGmoDXHQe7AHcA

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance Pk+X4Y7RRpCfIDg3k%NP4Q

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance k7CaChrSQUGkHcYbi200tw

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance fullsizeoutput_5118

Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance YXLFmqLsSum8VFKoCdA79

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BMSPEC rear spoiler extension ordered (as of July 31st BMSPEC will cease production of aero parts)

Will be installing shortly.

Also gonna be doing some development and videos for a !!! super secret exhaust !!! from a well known and respected company for their first offerings for the 10th gen (and Honda in general) platform.

Very excited about this, and I think it will be a contender for the top spot in the aftermarket exhaust market for our cars. When I'm able to disclose more, I will. But that means I might be without my car for a week or two.

OP
OP
r.camlin

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen '19 SGP FK7 build - Agressive aesthetics / street warrior performance 3424CEB6-69A9-487E-85FF-7C1412F7C5D9

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
LaminX?
Sponsored