19' Elantra GT Hatchback VS. 19' Civic Hatchback

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Saw a new Elantra GT Hatchback today, that my dads friend bought. Black, and gotta say the paint job looked better than my black Civic. Seemed like a deeper high quality paint. HP is 173, nearly identical to my 17' Civic EX-T. Anyone test drive one to compare, and what were your thoughts? Price is under 20k.
Sponsored

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A buddy of mine at work just picked up the GT Sport hatch (which is comparable power-wise to my Si). We haven't had a chance to go compare them in Mexico yet, but I'll report back once we do. :)

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
A buddy of mine at work just picked up the GT Sport hatch (which is comparable power-wise to my Si). We haven't had a chance to go compare them in Mexico yet, but I'll report back once we do. :)
No need to.

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I seriously considered a GT sport. That pano-roof is one of a kind in this class of cars. The reason I didn't pick it was because of lower gas mileage/highway range, didn't like the DCT transmission that Hyundai offers, handling felt worse than a civic, the tacked on tablet infotainment was ugly, and a few other minor issues.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
GT Sport is a seriously nice car for the price but yeah the MPG is awful and you also don't get the Honda community/aftermarket support. The tacked on infotainment is ugly but at least it has buttons and is fast.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
For reference, an Elantra GT sport near me is selling for the same price as my 2.0L Civic EX was. That's insanely good value for money.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk why the Hyundai comparisons keep coming out...jusy wait till it's a year old then buy for half of the price then it's a bargain i guess
Sponsored