Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking fantastic! Was the HKS straightforward or were there any issues with the install?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Looking fantastic! Was the HKS straightforward or were there any issues with the install?
It was pretty straight forward. Only issue I ran into was HKS isn’t clear in the instructions when it comes to bolting up one of the brackets. One of the holes on the frame didn’t have threads and there’s no way to get behind it to put a nut on it and HKS says to simply bolt the bracket to the frame as if the hole was already threaded. I was able to get a nut on the backside through a small hole in the frame right next to it. It was a pain and if I would’ve dropped the nut there’s no way to get it back. If I would’ve known about this issue earlier I would’ve bought a nut sert kit.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got around to installing all the parts I had laying around.

First up is my USR catless downpipe, USR turbo blanket, and Rampage Fab titanium downpipe studs/nuts. Install was a breeze, all the OEM studs/nuts came out super easy. Also installed a P2R turbo inlet thermal gasket while I had the intake pipe off.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany 18rVzgM

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany 25wHPYw

Bought some DEI volcanic exhaust wrap and wrapped the Milltek up pipe to help keep oil temps down since it runs right under the oil pan.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany UkEeyKa

Installed my Milltek part resonated exhaust system. Love the way it sounds, can't wait to drive it in the spring. Its pretty quiet at idle, has a slight rumble. Still have to adjust the tips to be perfect.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany WCli3jW

And finally finished installing the rest of my HKS oil cooler. Ran the lines and installed the sandwich plate. Super impressed with the quality and ease of installation. I've gone through 3 different universal oil cooler kits on my Prelude and nothing beats plug n play bolt on parts like this.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany vDKOTYD

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can only imagine the fun you'll have on the Autobahn. Please upload a short video if you get a chance. Cheers! :drive::patriot:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, no idea how you were able to get that nut on the backside. I tried using a needle nose and dropped it. Pulled the headlight and crash beam to access the channel opening to retrieve it. Installed a nutsert after that, heh.

Have read some people experiencing a buzzing sound with their cooler. Have you encountered that?

It was pretty straight forward. Only issue I ran into was HKS isn’t clear in the instructions when it comes to bolting up one of the brackets. One of the holes on the frame didn’t have threads and there’s no way to get behind it to put a nut on it and HKS says to simply bolt the bracket to the frame as if the hole was already threaded. I was able to get a nut on the backside through a small hole in the frame right next to it. It was a pain and if I would’ve dropped the nut there’s no way to get it back. If I would’ve known about this issue earlier I would’ve bought a nut sert kit.

Last edited:

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man, no idea how you were able to get that nut on the backside. I tried using a needle nose and dropped it. Pulled the headlight and crash beam to access the channel opening to retrieve it, heh. Installed a nutsert after that, heh.

Have read some people experiencing a buzzing sound with their cooler. Have you encountered that?
Yeah I got super lucky with putting it on the backside first try. I wanted to nutsert it but also didn't want to wait another two weeks since thats how long stuff takes to get here into Germany. I've read with the HKS cooler it eliminates the majority of the oil pump noise from going into the cabin with the floating design it uses with the rubber mounts and rubber pad around the hoses. I can definitely here that noise when I stick my ear near the cooler but when I sat inside and revved it I couldn't here anything. I probably won't be able to fully tell until I drive the car.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the Milltek muffler section is off the car. Upon inspection I noticed moisture dripping down the underside of the muffler, turns out the pipe that goes into the muffler has a small crack in the weld. Fortunately Milltek has a test center at the Nurburgring and told me I can take it there to get rewelded and get some of my money back.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Took the muffler section to Millteks test center to get fixed. Super nice people there and a really cool shop to check out. This is the same place they fitted and tested the FK8 exhaust in their video you can find on Youtube.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany YE2ts6Q

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany JT4TjlQ

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany vqhCJHz

The little ole Micra getting its glamour shot in front of Ring Boulevard lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany UFB6R3i

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally decided I'm just going to keep the stock grill, after seeing how open grills don't really help with the overheating of this car I don't see the point on waiting for the 2020 grill especially since the difference is very minimal. Most likely will cut two holes into the stock one at some point like the EVS one. Now I can finally put my bumper back on. Its been off for months now.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany GuRlo1P

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally put the bumper back on. Also went ahead and cut the grill, not terrible for a box cutter but its temporary. I plan on getting the European grill that already has a hole for the driver assist sensor for a cleaner look.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany PYZqVAd

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Lots of nice mods and work!

Thanks for your service to our country :headbang::patriot:

lestat2369

First Name
Ed