FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Some good news, as of now the Nurburgring will be keeping both their tracks open even with all this crazy stuff going on, hopefully it stays this way into April and gets better. Found these two pictures I must of missed on Racetracker.de of when I went last year.

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build CNjmSbH

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build Bi91sx2

Definitely will be wearing a helmet this year even though they don't require it, always felt a little uneasy not wearing one.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nurburgring officially closed until mid-late April, super bummed about it but oh well. Drove the car for the first time yesterday, took a 2 hour trip but ran into a issue with the catless downpipe throwing a CEL and cutting boost so wasn't able to go any faster than 110mph on the autobahn and couldn't feel if any of the mods made any difference. Ordered Hondata instead of dealing with messing around with de-fouler s, should be here sometime next week. Another issue is my AC isn't working at all, compressor isn't kicking on. No idea why, it worked perfectly fine before it went into storage. Got underneath the car to see if any pag oil leaked out the seals and nothing, probably going to hook up some gauges to it and see if its filled up correctly.

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
I took my Canadian CTR to my home in Greece. Were you able to load European maps on the nav unit? Apparently difficult or impossible to do. I don't see why.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took my Canadian CTR to my home in Greece. Were you able to load European maps on the nav unit? Apparently difficult or impossible to do. I don't see why.
I wanted to but when I emailed Honda about it they told me the head units are different somehow between the cars from different countries. I'm not sure how true that is though. I never tried pursuing a solution cause I only have 2 years left in Germany and I just use apple car play for my navigation now.

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
Loving the build! Very clean!

I currently have the non resonated Milltek exhaust with a PRL catless downpipe. It is stupid loud and raspy. I'm planning to change one of the pipes to resonated. Do you have a sound clip of your vehicle? Would definitely help me decide if I wanna switch to another exhaust (HKS, AFE, AWE) or get the resonated pipe.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Loving the build! Very clean!

I currently have the non resonated Milltek exhaust with a PRL catless downpipe. It is stupid loud and raspy. I'm planning to change one of the pipes to resonated. Do you have a sound clip of your vehicle? Would definitely help me decide if I wanna switch to another exhaust (HKS, AFE, AWE) or get the resonated pipe.
I started out with a catless downpipe and part resonated Milltek, never actually drove with it but I have clips revving the motor. It's very tame but still fairly loud. Then I went with the un-resonated version with catless and I agree its way too loud and raspy I couldn't stand it. I finally settled on a high flow catted downpipe with the un-resonated version. its the perfect balance still loud but cruising its not screaming, tons of turbo spool noises which is the main reason I ditched the part resonated cause theres no turbo spool noise with it. PM your email and I can send you some clips if you want.

The difference between "impossible" and "don't want to support a one-off" is you.

OP, could you have imported a EUDM spec back to America with Sensing and autostop/start?
Im pretty sure there's a way to get EU maps on a US/CA spec model, just not worth the hassle for me since I'll be back in the states eventually.
You can but you'll have get it converted over to US specs which isn't much but there's no reason to even try to. Type R's cost more here than the states, 46k US out the door, plus the money to have it converted, shipping costs, import fees, taxes, etc. You're better off buying state side and having way more money left over for other stuff.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Back from the dead with some track content! Nurburgring opened up a couple weeks ago and finally got around to going back. Car felt good being FBO stock tune. It was 50f-60f outside so overheating wasn't a issue, ECT got up to 200f and IAT was 122f IAT2 89. Other than overheating the tires from back to back laps the car ran nice.
New mods from last years Nurbrugring track days
- RV6 Catted downpipe
-Milltek Race exhaust
-PRL titanium inlet pipe
- Eibach Sportline springs
- Hasport 65A rmm
- HKS oil cooler

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build IIBrg9Y

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build rkayfLZ

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build rkayfLZ

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build P85WNDU