FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Thanks everyone! I plan on taking it out of storage the first week of April. I setup my first track day here of 2020 and will be going to the Grand-Prix-Strecke at Nurburgring April 6th. Will most likely do a few laps around the Nordschleife while I'm there also. Just have a few more things I want to do to the car before then.

Looks awesome great pics! Enjoy and I'm super jealous you're running that thing over there. Have you seen any other Type R's? Any interesting fun with other cars on the Autobahn?
I've seen a lot of FK2's FN2's and EP3's with FK8's being the least common but they're still a good amount here. I was going about 140mph on the autobahn one day and had a Audi R8 pass me like I wasn't even moving lol.

Love the progress! Keep on rolling with the project! Have a great time in Germany, I was born there at the Landstuhl base!:thumbsup:
Oh cool! I'm only 40 minutes away from Landstuhl, go there all the time for appointments.
Sponsored

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Thanks everyone! I plan on taking it out of storage the first week of April. I setup my first track day here of 2020 and will be going to the Grand-Prix-Strecke at Nurburgring April 6th. Will most likely do a few laps around the Nordschleife while I'm there also. Just have a few more things I want to do to the car before then.

I've seen a lot of FK2's FN2's and EP3's with FK8's being the least common but they're still a good amount here. I was going about 140mph on the autobahn one day and had a Audi R8 pass me like I wasn't even moving lol.

Oh cool! I'm only 40 minutes away from Landstuhl, go there all the time for appointments.
Congratulations, you did quite some work to bring the car up to here! Nice car!
Red is one of my fav colors. I was torn between red and pmm. Ended up getting a pmm.

Indeed FK8 is not very common on Europe's highways. In NW Europe the German cars rule. :)
I go often on trips to Germany and especially on the main highways(one digit) or around big industrial centers you meet powerful cars. 100 mph is quite common for normal cars. Happened to me to go 100-120mph and being overtaken by exotic cars sometimes without even figuring out what it was.
Sometimes I see prototypes being tested around big cities. I saw the new Bmw 3 series(3 years ago), AMG GT-R prototype, AMG GT-R cabrio camoed cars around Stuttgart, Bmw Ms, Bentley Bentayga 5 years ago. You can talk to the drivers sometimes at a traffic light, gas station.
Anyway the more you get closer to the Nurburgring the more interesting cars you can see. I love getting there, the atmosphere is amazing. The Norschleife(the approx 20km old track) is an amazing track. It's like a roller coaster really. The elevations, camber changing are amazing. In a powerful car you feel like in a fighter plane. If anyone makes it here, it's a must visit if you are into cars.

As for the fun on the Autobahn, in general drivers are rather disciplined (unlike French, Walon Belgians that don't even use blinkers). Car people would give you thumbs up, be nice. But there is also some @#$$hole every now and then. Especially big German/Rover/Cherokee SUV drivers that think they are the g.o.a.t. As soon as the highway segment restriction is over they jump on your back to show who's the daddy. Or sometimes they simply refuse to get out of your way and keep hogging the fast lane.

Last edited:

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
This is so awesome. How many miles on it before you installed the Mishimoto intake? How many miles when you took it to the track? Keep it up.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations, you did quite some work to bring the car up to here! Nice car!
Red is one of my fav colors. I was torn between red and pmm. Ended up getting a pmm.

Indeed FK8 is not very common on Europe's highways. In NW Europe the German cars rule. :)
.Anyway the more you get closer to the Nurburgring the more interesting cars you can see. I love getting there, the atmosphere is amazing. The Norschleife(the approx 20km old track) is an amazing track. It's like a roller coaster really. The elevations, camber changing are amazing. In a powerful car you feel like in a fighter plane. If anyone makes it here, it's a must visit if you are into cars.
As for the fun on the Autobahn, in general drivers are rather disciplined (unlike French, Walon Belgians that don't even use blinkers). Car people would give you thumbs up, be nice. But there is also some @#$$hole every now and then. Especially big German/Rover/Cherokee SUV drivers that think they are the g.o.a.t. As soon as the highway segment restriction is over they jump on your back to show who's the daddy. Or sometimes they simply refuse to get out of your way and keep hogging the fast lane.
Very true, Seat, Renault, BMW, and VW are everywhere lol. The whole town of Nurburg is amazing cool cars everywhere. I've ran into a few idiots here but compared to the states the drivers are way better.

Nice, I haven't seen a badge number that close to mine, I also have a 2019, in rallye red, #24174
Hm I always forget these cars are numbered lol.

This is so awesome. How many miles on it before you installed the Mishimoto intake? How many miles when you took it to the track? Keep it up.
I had around 1,000 miles when the Mishimoto intake went on and around 3,000 miles when it first went on track.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed a USR front tow hook. Just have to cut the grill to put it back on.

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build E0BNf9c

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build Y5mU7ou

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Looks good!

Your mods are definitely performance/driving oriented but you could consider swapping/getting some Euro tail lights, side mirrors, headlights, headlight washers, clear corners...just to name a couple. You'd stand out when you bring it back here! I can think of only one person here besides me that has EDM tail lights on their CTR.

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Nice thread and great photos. I spent a week in Deutschland back in 2012 and went to the Ring, did 2 laps. Unforgettable experience, can't imagine having a Type R on the Ring and unrestricted autobahn. Enjoy!

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks good!

Your mods are definitely performance/driving oriented but you could consider swapping/getting some Euro tail lights, side mirrors, headlights, headlight washers, clear corners...just to name a couple. You'd stand out when you bring it back here! I can think of only one person here besides me that has EDM tail lights on their CTR.
The taillights are the same as US model ones, just with a rear fog light in them which isn't noticeable when off and really is never used. Headlights are the same, headlight washers would require a new bumper or cutting into the USDM one. The side view mirrors are cool though but I'm not sure if the USDM models come with the wiring needed to get them to work, but I'd rather buy something like brake pads for the same money. Not a fan of the clear side markers, that is why I got the smoked ones.

Nice thread and great photos. I spent a week in Deutschland back in 2012 and went to the Ring, did 2 laps. Unforgettable experience, can't imagine having a Type R on the Ring and unrestricted autobahn. Enjoy!
Thank you, thats awesome you got to experience it.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great build, beautiful color and tasteful mods! Can't wait to see whats next!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The taillights are the same as US model ones, just with a rear fog light in them which isn't noticeable when off and really is never used. Headlights are the same, headlight washers would require a new bumper or cutting into the USDM one. The side view mirrors are cool though but I'm not sure if the USDM models come with the wiring needed to get them to work, but I'd rather buy something like brake pads for the same money. Not a fan of the clear side markers, that is why I got the smoked ones.
Yes sir! Yes I have all of the above. The Rear Fog Light fits in but requires custom wiring. The side mirrors power fold, have turn signals, might be heated (almost definitely heated), and have Blind Spot Monitor indicators...and requires total custom wiring. The headlight washers...custom wiring, different windshield washer tank, etc etc. The Headlights...you sure they're the same? I thought they had the 0-1-2-3 levelers in them? Adjustable on a little rotary dial in the dash... I'm not sure which market they came to....

In any case, I'm happy to check out what you're doing over there! Pretty awesome to have access to the tracks I've only seen in videogames!

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great build, beautiful color and tasteful mods! Can't wait to see whats next!
Thank you!

Yes sir! Yes I have all of the above. The Rear Fog Light fits in but requires custom wiring. The side mirrors power fold, have turn signals, might be heated (almost definitely heated), and have Blind Spot Monitor indicators...and requires total custom wiring. The headlight washers...custom wiring, different windshield washer tank, etc etc. The Headlights...you sure they're the same? I thought they had the 0-1-2-3 levelers in them? Adjustable on a little rotary dial in the dash... I'm not sure which market they came to....

In any case, I'm happy to check out what you're doing over there! Pretty awesome to have access to the tracks I've only seen in videogames!
You're probably right about the headlight beam adjustments. I have them in my Micra, pretty useful when its super foggy out.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not the cleanest cut but good enough for track use. I'll clean it up when I get a drill and step drill bit.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build kPvYQWv

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As some of you may know this Covid-19 virus is shutting down a lot of stuff, especially here in Germany. Traveling in and out of Germany is not allowed as of now so that means no track days outside of Germany, which sucks cause I was in the process of setting up and registering for a track day in Belgium the first week of March. Nurburgring seems to still be open but I don't see it staying open much longer, so my GP track and Nordschleife track day might be cancelled. Really hope all this calms down soon so I can start taking the car to all the tracks I was planning to this spring/summer.

Decided to take the car out of its unit for the first time in months. Drove it up and down my unit area and snapped some pictures. Put it back in storage for now till later this month.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build 9H2vkjv

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build pnrjIPQ

Really liking this Milltek exhaust, the black tips are perfect.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build fpKHGWb

Picked up this GoPro mount to hang off the dome light for track days. Its aluminium so its super light and its also adjustable.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build cjpIoID

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After waiting 3 months I finally got my PRL titanium turbo inlet pipe. Got lucky when they came out with a few blemished kits recently and decided to save some money which was well worth it. Only blemish is two scratches on the pipe which aren't really noticeable and can probably be buffed out. That pretty much does it for engine mods, I plan on getting Hondata after I track the car with the stock tune some more but who knows when that will be with this virus shutting down all the tracks.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build cRticGJ

I know strut bars don't do anything for these cars but I feel like one will really add to the bay. Maybe a nice cosmetic mod is due while I wait for this virus to blow over.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build np0cDs1