FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Hello everyone, I had this build thread posted in the Civic part of this forum but noticed a lot of CTR guys just post there builds in this section more. Figured I post it here and continue through this one instead.

Hello everyone, I picked up my 2019 CTR in Raylle Red earlier this year in March. I was stationed in El Paso and was looking for a CTR and only wanted one in red. El Paso had none all the dealerships in New Mexico and Arizona didn't have any either. A few days later I get a picture from my mom that was in the process of buying a car at a Honda dealership in San Antonio of a red CTR that was just delivered unclaimed. A day later I picked up a rental car got off of work at 9pm, and drove 8hrs to San Antonio. Got there around 5am, slept a few hours and went to the dealer to do all the paperwork and get the car. Left back to El Paso and got back around 11pm only to wake up at 3am for work. I was beyond tired but extremely happy I was able to find one in red considering I only had one month to find one before leaving to Germany. The goal with this car is to track it as much as I can while keeping it simple with the mods. I'm going to keep this build thread simple but if anyone wants to see everything and my other cars you can follow me on Instagram @built_by_Jm

Mod list as of 03/14/2020

Engine/Drivetrain:
Mishimoto Intake
Mishimoto intercooler kit
Mishimoto catch can
MIshimoto expansion tank
Koyo Radiator
Torque Solutions radiator hoses
HKS oil cooler
PTP/USR turbo blanket
Rampage Fabrication titanium downpipe stud/bolt kit
USR catless downpipe
Milltek Race up pipe
Milltek Race non-resonated exhaust w/ cerakote tips
PRL titanium turbo inlet pipe
P2R thermal turbo inlet gasket
Acuity shift linkage bushings

Exterior:
Smoked side markers
USR tow hook
Zl1 Addons rock guards
OEM rainguards

Interior:
Stock

Wheels/Suspension:
Stock

fVeHARr.jpg

NbUEM1p.jpg

A week later I wanted a little more noise from it so I bought and installed a Mishimoto intake
PUoZ1vp.jpg

Also installed some Acuity shift linkage bushings while the intake was out.
31X1t7P.jpg

Hated the way the orange side markers looked so I picked up and installed some smoked LED side markers.
abp4FPY.jpg

A month later drove it up to Dallas to have it shipped off to Germany.
WcuPvlN.jpg

tPp5XK1.jpg

Finally two months later the car arrives in Germany. Got the car inspected and registered and picked up my plates.
yfsu8B3.jpg

Wasted no time and a few days later I took it to the Nürburgring Nordschleife. It was a rainy day and did a few laps. Overall the car felt solid around the track.
FvCWss7.jpg

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build T5ENdO5

I always changed the oil after any track days in my Prelude so the Type R gets the same treatment. Went with some Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series with their oil filter.
dTTYTaP.jpg

As far as mods go I like to track my cars at stock power/aero/suspension with no power adders or suspension upgrades to get a feel for the car and see what it needs and go from there. Instead of just slapping on parts before I can push the car around a track stock. With that being said I wanted to make the car track reliable with cooling mods and small stuff to help out with long term reliability.

First up is a Mishimoto catch can.
ViS3kzE.jpg

Mishimoto coolant expansion tank.
I saw some posts of peoples OEM ones failing so I wanted to get rid of any chance of it happening to me. Plus it looks way nicer.
VBsU71y.jpg

Did some more track time at the Nurburgring. Unfortunately it was raining again but I was able to push the car a littler harder than last time since the track wasn't too wet.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build OGAOq0t

Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build fuds45q

Last edited:
OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed a Mishimoto intercooler with their piping.
V61Wf6M.jpg

Koyo aluminium radiator
v4zAM7P.jpg

Took it back the Nurburgring on a dry day. I was able to push the car to its limits finally. Overall this car feels amazing, zero issues and no over heating.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19 CTR from the US to Germany build mgx0WWD

9CN2ihm.jpg

Went to German Race Wars 2019, didn't run the car. Didn't feel like 60 euro was worth running slow 1/4 mile times but went to support some friends.
O2Tl8L0.jpg

I've always loved the yellow fog light look so I bought some Lamin X films.
MjQLn4j.jpg

VnKSJha.jpg

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Loving these unrestricted autobahns here. Haven't topped the car out yet but got to 160mph so far.
tHbKDYQ.jpg

Took the car on one more cruise before putting it away for the winter
wrzvdUe.jpg

jO6NENv.jpg

Tried taking it to another track nearby called the Hockenheimring but with work and crappy weather I ended up putting it away in storage for the winter.
E1CQJf5.jpg

With the car in storage the winter upgrades shall begin. Plan on installing all this stuff at some point during the winter in my storage unit.

HKS oil cooler
d4OthgL.jpg

USR catless downpipe and Rampage Fab titanium studs/nuts
IAwloP2.jpg

1AJ69qi.jpg

USR turbo blanket
Fu4LkAY.jpg

Milltek part resoated exhaust system with Cerakote tips
nRSwBWF.jpg

tF5kb9V.jpg

Really looking forward to the spring time. I plan on taking the car to Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium, Hockenheimring which is here in Germany, and Silverstone Circuit in the UK, and of course more Nurburgring.

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had these ZL1 addons rock guards sitting in my room for awhile so decided to put them on. Not a huge fan of the way they look, but they protect the side of the car and don't stick out too much so I think they will grow on me.
453QNsG.jpg

S6ZFn9P.jpg

COw52ZH.jpg

Got the HKS oil cooler partially installed. Waiting on my floor jack and jack stands to get here, then I'll be able to get the sandwich plate on and lines connected.

IsdC4OK.jpg

mU0jJlj.jpg

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got around to installing all the parts I had laying around.

First up is my USR catless downpipe, USR turbo blanket, and Rampage Fab titanium downpipe studs/nuts. Install was a breeze, all the OEM studs/nuts came out super easy. Also installed a P2R turbo inlet thermal gasket while I had the intake pipe off.
18rVzgM.jpg

25wHPYw.jpg

Bought some DEI volcanic exhaust wrap and wrapped the Milltek up pipe to help keep oil temps down since it runs right under the oil pan.
UkEeyKa.jpg

Installed my Milltek part resonated exhaust system. Love the way it sounds, can't wait to drive it in the spring. Its pretty quiet at idle, has a slight rumble. Still have to adjust the tips to be perfect.
WCli3jW.jpg

And finally finished installing the rest of my HKS oil cooler. Ran the lines and installed the sandwich plate. Super impressed with the quality and ease of installation. I've gone through 3 different universal oil cooler kits on my Prelude and nothing beats plug n play bolt on parts like this.
vDKOTYD.jpg

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Took the muffler section to Millteks test center to get fixed due to a leaky weld. Super nice people there and a really cool shop to check out. This is the same place they fitted and tested the FK8 exhaust in their video you can find on Youtube.
YE2ts6Q.jpg

JT4TjlQ.jpg

vqhCJHz.jpg

The little ole Micra getting its glamour shot in front of Ring Boulevard lol.
UFB6R3i.jpg

OP
OP
FK8_Track_Pig

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally put the bumper back on. Also went ahead and cut the grill, not terrible for a box cutter but its temporary. I plan on getting the European grill that already has a hole for the driver assist sensor for a cleaner look.
GuRlo1P.jpg

PYZqVAd.jpg

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Looks awesome great pics! Enjoy and I'm super jealous you're running that thing over there. Have you seen any other Type R's? Any interesting fun with other cars on the Autobahn?

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Exciting time in your life. Such an adventure you're on. Enjoy it!

Nfrpogiboi

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8, FK8
Country flag
great thread and it looks like youre having fun!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Love the progress! Keep on rolling with the project! Have a great time in Germany, I was born there at the Landstuhl base!:thumbsup:
Sponsored