19 CTR Emission and rev match system problem

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Rev Match System Problem + Emissions System Problem

So this has been ongoing for a month. They replaced a solenoid valve, then a sensor and finally the engine harness.

Issue is persisting and she's going back in next week.

Really unhappy and worried now. I'm running a borla exhaust and Mishimoto CAI. No issues for the first 13,000 miles since iv had those parts on.

Edit: yes I saw others had the same issue and a new sensor or engine harness fixed the issue. That's why I'm worried since I had those and then some done...
Sponsored

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Apparently i read a new flywheel is a solution? Glad i got warranty but this is getting ridiculous...

R4T3DCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Rev Match System Problem + Emissions System Problem

So this has been ongoing for a month. They replaced a solenoid valve, then a sensor and finally the engine harness.

Issue is persisting and she's going back in next week.

Really unhappy and worried now. I'm running a borla exhaust and Mishimoto CAI. No issues for the first 13,000 miles since iv had those parts on.

Edit: yes I saw others had the same issue and a new sensor or engine harness fixed the issue. That's why I'm worried since I had those and then some done...
I havn't experienced any of these issues, but I have identical mods to yours listed here. Borla catback, and mishimoto intake on my 19 CTR. Only 10,500km on mine as I don't drive it over the winter here in Canada. It is my understanding that if installed correctly, these mods should not cause any ECU or mechanical issues.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I havn't experienced any of these issues, but I have identical mods to yours listed here. Borla catback, and mishimoto intake on my 19 CTR. Only 10,500km on mine as I don't drive it over the winter here in Canada. It is my understanding that if installed correctly, these mods should not cause any ECU or mechanical issues.
Exactly why I got them and ran 13k miles with zero issues.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
So the 2 errors went away... Still bringing it in on Monday for them to check things.

Very weird...

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Fixed. One of the connectors wasn't seated properly and apparently the code was also lingering around.

After they flushed the code, 5 test drives over the course of 2 days and all fine. Just drove it for 2 days and all fine.

Yay!

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Fixed. One of the connectors wasn't seated properly and apparently the code was also lingering around.

After they flushed the code, 5 test drives over the course of 2 days and all fine. Just drove it for 2 days and all fine.

Yay!
Good news!

I reported an issue with these codes in this mega thread (https://www.civicx.com/threads/ctr-rev-matching-and-emissions-issues-w-check-engine-light.12551/), and in my situation, the codes cleared after driving for about 1 hour. My only assumption is that the ECU enters a cycle where it evaluates engine conditions over a period of time, and exits this cycle when the fault is not persistent. Upon exiting, the code clears. I did not have to disconnect the battery nor did I intervene with any troubleshooting steps.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Was this the root cause or just the result of the dealer not reconnecting it properly during troubleshooting/parts replacement?
Yes. The third time it went in they did a engine harness replacement. Turns out something wasn't plugged back properly. Which triggered the code again (and lingered around even though the warning light went away).
Sponsored