1.5T 19 coupe build

Sloverado

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 Ram 1500 Civic coupe Pathfinder
Ok I’m new here and to the import seen. I’ve always had chevy, Ford, or mopar products. I just picked this car up this week for a daily driver to work (140 miles round trip). I’m looking for the best power and reliability. Also want best performing. I do have the cvt. Here is what I’m thinking if I need something else or don’t need tell me. This is my list

PRL cobra intake
PRL intercooler
27won turbo upgrade
27won front and down pipe
KTuner v2

Not sure on exhaust yet don’t want a drone going down the road at highway speeds. 2 hrs of driving each day. Also if anyone can hook me up on parts feel free to pm me. I’m looking to buy ASAP.
Sponsored

R.Andre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a CVT as well and for personal experience and for what others have told me, is not worth upgrading the turbo since the cvt is limited. You won't be taking full advantage/power of the turbo since it will be too much for it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a CVT as well and for personal experience and for what others have told me, is not worth upgrading the turbo since the cvt is limited. You won't be taking full advantage/power of the turbo since it will be too much for it.
Any reports as to what people are doing with the CVT and 27Won turbo? I've not seen any but it seems that you may know something I do not. :)

OP
OP

Sloverado

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 Ram 1500 Civic coupe Pathfinder
Well I ordered the KTuner v2, PRL intercooler, prl front/down pipe and there cobra intake with the street Maf. Will hold off on turbo tell I here more reports back on it.

Now to look into exhaust that doesn’t drone and looks good. I don’t want the blue tip stuff

Last edited:

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I ordered the KTuner v2, PRL intercooler, prl front/down pipe and there cobra intake with the street Maf. Will hold off on turbo tell I here more reports back on it.

Now to look into exhaust that doesn’t drone and looks good. I don’t want the blue tip stuff
Ive had my stock turbo pushing 27psi from 5k all the way up all day long. I had the stock turbo pushing so much I bent a con rod. If I were you I'd get everything else installed and see how I like it. IMHO a turbo upgrade for a non si 1.5 is an unnecessary and possibly destructive upgrade. The si 1.5 has stronger rods,among a couple other reliability upgrades over base 1.5, if you were wondering the difference.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well there we go, 27won turbo sounds more viable than I thought.

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
27won turbo would be easier on the rods as it moves the powerband at a higher rpm
Agreed, the upgraded turbo shifts the power band which alleviates stress on rotating assembly. Makes the power band much more conducive for longevity.