19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general.

OP
OP
AirCaveman

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Mugen Garnish
Have a picture of these too. Install on the opened guards required a little work. Since the back was gone I had to get some fender washers. 1.5” washers were more than enough. A little paint match and it’s nice to not see the crash beam anymore.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0469
Sponsored

OP
OP
AirCaveman

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
where did you purchase the mugen garnish pieces?
King motorsports. They were out of stock on the unpainted, but were able to ship it in about 2 weeks. I’ve ordered other Mugen gear from them and they are spot on. Plan on getting the rest of the kit from them once I can.

OP
OP
AirCaveman

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
PRL Inlet pipe
So it came and install was as expected, tight spaces and hard to reach hardware. All in all not bad. Did put in the Rampage titanium inlet bolts. Figured if I was taking it apart I might as well make it easier in the future.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0579

I was working on it hot after I just got home so it wasn’t easy to touch everything. Did get it all back together and it threw a code for a leaking intake. Going to readjust and retighten everything in the morning.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0585

Looks like everyone else’s install shot so that’s good. No CEL’s after a battery pull/reset. Now the rest of the hardware looks like trash compared to the titanium. Need to get that fixed now too. Couple steps away from FBO… woot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AirCaveman

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Trunk Cleanup
So decided to do a little fixing of the back end. The kicker sub I had in was pushing against the factory grill. Not causing issues but it bowed out a little. If you drill off the grill from the back, then cut out the center following the plastic ring it makes a nice circle to start working from. That circle doesn't center exactly to the sub, but it was easy to adjust and widen the circle little by little until it fit around the speaker. I did add a 1" spacer to give the box a tiny bit more volume (probably an unmeasurable amount) but also push the speaker through the grill more. Add a kicker grill and I think it looks pretty good.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0645

On the amp side I added a 12 volt plug that has a battery meter too. Picked up an EL-Glow sticker that needs wired power (don't wanna deal with batteries all the time) yeah it's a little rice... but my daughter loves it and that makes me happy. Usual install for that, used a relay off the 4 AWG that powers the amp, and the sub control from the head unit is the trigger. That means the sticker turns on with batteries since you need to push the button every time, but once the amp comes one I'm sure it pulls power from the wire. Need to get some black hardware to complete that side.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0646

All in all, not bad for the sporty grocery getter.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0647

We had that crazy snow storm and the Pilot Sport 4 A/S were tearing it up. Minimal slipping and felt confident driving around. Impressive to see the FWD not having issues with jacked up trucks sitting in ditches. It's all about the times I'm sure. Come March rubber gets put on the TE's. So stoked.

OP
OP
AirCaveman

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Arts and Crafts Day
Well can’t sit around and do nothing on the car, so decided to do a little clean up of things and swap out some hardware. I grabbed some titanium hardware from JD Customs l. FYI they say they will have titanium valve cover kits in a week or 2.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0659
Decided to paint the lettering on the valve cover while I wait to wrinkle it. I’m going to order an OEM with all the goodies and wrinkle it myself. I love me some spoon but $650 for them to paint it and not even badge it or put a serial number…. Anyway. Also decided to move my Hella Horns to the front. Can’t let the Subie guys have all the fun with that. The cages will get painted Hyper yellow once the wheels are on in March. Looking forwards!! 1 month away.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0658
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0660

OP
OP
AirCaveman

AirCaveman

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 SGP
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
FINALLY!
The wheels are finally on. Extreme Contact O2 and of course it snows a little the day I put on the summers. I don’t care!! It’s been 4 months with these sitting in the garage and I’m not waiting any more.
Honda Civic 10th gen 19’ SGP Build… audio, performance, just making my wife upset in general. IMG_0710

It’s about a 1” drop back to factory height from the oversized factory wheels. Need springs (next) to get that perfect fitment!
Forgot to update too… has EDM power mirrors now. Pretty good kit on Amazon… took about 1.5 hours to install.
Sponsored