2019 Honda Odyssey, 2016 Yamaha XSR900, Soon: Civic Type-R
Country flag

TheSt|G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R, '19 TRD OR, '05 M3
Country flag
That’s ok. Based on real world track experience of others, a +50 (with a wider wheel/tire) is not enough of a difference to induce torque steer, so I will probably be going with that.
I don't know what they are on about, but having driven a Type R with +50s, it definitely has torque steer.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Sorry. Type-o. 18x9.5 +58. I have RZ05's.

Last edited:

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have 18x8.5 +40 winter wheels and can absolutely feel a difference vs my 18x9.5 +60 BC's. The +40's take more efferent to move the steering wheel off center then the car dives into a corner vs a smooth linear progression with the higher offset.

That said, if you're only focused on tracking, fit the widest wheel with the most rubber you can b/c that will improve your times more than a higher offset.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
18x9.5 +60 will not fit as highlighted earlier in this thread.
Also I just checked my emails, I found an email thread from months ago with a BC forged rep, and according to him BC Forged has sold many people 18x9.5 +60 that do fit. In fact, Blinkerbeat in this thread is running 18x9.5 +60.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also I just checked my emails, I found an email thread from months ago with a BC forged rep, and according to him BC Forged has sold many people 18x9.5 +60 that do fit. In fact, Blinkerbeat in this thread is running 18x9.5 +60.
Yep but unfortunately mine rubbed the front knuckle. The BC rep said my set was the only one that had that issue. If they are still making that size, I 100% recommend it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.5 +60... will they fit? 1611254192987

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
the ONLY issue i had was slight rubbing on dips (sunken potholes) in the road. dips in the road by me are usually 6+in deep if not more and i would only rub going 30mph or more. any less no issues, and i only rubbed on the screw tab that hold the liner to the fender/bumper @ 12o'clock.

i just took the handle of a rubber handled screwdriver and pressed up on those screws to bend them back into the bumper and they fixed all rubbing issues ive had. haven't rubbed since.

but im also stock suspension and don't plan on lowering due to said terrible roads

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep but unfortunately mine rubbed the front knuckle. The BC rep said my set was the only one that had that issue. If they are still making that size, I 100% recommend it.

1611254192987.png
It looks like it only rubbed one side of that bracket, the front most edge that you have circled in the smaller circle, as well as an area just above the bolt there? Looks like the long oval circled area is just aluminum shavings from the wheel? Looks like I would need to grind that bracket down in that area maybe 3mm and it would clear.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It looks like it only rubbed one side of that bracket, the front most edge that you have circled in the smaller circle, as well as an area just above the bolt there? Looks like the long oval circled area is just aluminum shavings from the wheel? Looks like I would need to grind that bracket down in that area maybe 3mm and it would clear.
Correct. The left most circle is what rubbed where the barrel curves up to the lip. A little grinding fixed it or a 2mm spacer. The other white spot (near the bolt) are flakes of paint. No rubbing there.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know what they are on about, but having driven a Type R with +50s, it definitely has torque steer.
Really? First time I’ve heard that from a driver. Everyone else with wide (265 or more) tires says they don’t notice it on track - some are running +45 even. Was this car that you drove wearing 8.5 inch wide tires?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Really? First time I’ve heard that from a driver. Everyone else with wide (265 or more) tires says they don’t notice it on track - some are running +45 even. Was this car that you drove wearing 8.5 inch wide tires?
Don't notice it and not having it are two different things. A lot of people will end up counteracting the torque steer naturally without thinking about it. If that's you, you wouldn't notice it either unless you were looking for it. Granted I'm on +42 and a 245 tire, I really didn't notice it for the first few drives before I realized I was counter steering whenever it happened subconsciously (takeoff, during turns, etc.). I noticed it, but also am willing to realize it's not an issue at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't notice it and not having it are two different things. A lot of people will end up counteracting the torque steer naturally without thinking about it. If that's you, you wouldn't notice it either unless you were looking for it. Granted I'm on +42 and a 245 tire, I really didn't notice it for the first few drives before I realized I was counter steering whenever it happened subconsciously (takeoff, during turns, etc.). I noticed it, but also am willing to realize it's not an issue at the end of the day.

You make a good point, however, your tires are the same width as factory but at a +42, so with your setup the entire contact patch is pushed out towards the fenders 18mm, which is going to result in a massive difference in how the car feels because you’ve greatly altered where the tire grip is positioned at. The setups we have been discussing in this thread sit a few mm further to the inside of the car than stock - as well as a good bit outside compared to stock tire as well, so I imagine if torque steer was induced by a 18x10 +50, it would be far less torque steer than you are experiencing with your 245’s that are +42.

mdchan84

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura RSX Type S (RIP), 2009 Honda Fit, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag