18x9.5 +60... will they fit?

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2016 Yamaha XSR900, Soon: Civic Type-R
Country flag
So I am researching wheels for the FK8 and I have come across some custom wheels that I can get in 18x9.5 +60. This way the factory offset is retained, but the wheel will poke 12.7mm closer to the fender as well as 12.7mm closer to the suspension components.

I know everyone with 18's seems to be running 18x9.5 wheels that have a +45mm offset because apparently, it's "not really noticeable" in terms of torque steer to lower the offset by 15mm. I still don't want to do this if it can be helped.

Basically, I want to run the widest rim that I can while keeping the offset at +60. I know that a 19x9 or 18x9 with a 60mm offset will fit, as that only sits a negligible 6.4mm closer to the suspension than the stock wheels. It's that extra half-inch that I'm not sure about on that 9.5 width - as that makes the rim sit 12.7mm closer to the suspension components and I'm not sure there is that much clearance in either the front or rear...so any help would be appreciated. I don't have the car yet (in process of waiting for my local dealer) so I cannot get under it and measure it myself (otherwise I would). Thank you all!
Sponsored

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Sonic Grey
Country flag
I was looking to do the same thing, but did not find someone with 18x9.5 +60 wheels. I will put my car on a rack and see if I can measure clearances to the suspension and body parts over the extreme limits of the steering. I got a 2021. I'll share the results. If you can share which manufacturer were you looking at, it would be wonderful? Also were you looking at forge wheels?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
So I am researching wheels for the FK8 and I have come across some custom wheels that I can get in 18x9.5 +60. This way the factory offset is retained, but the wheel will poke 12.7mm closer to the fender as well as 12.7mm closer to the suspension components.

I know everyone with 18's seems to be running 18x9.5 wheels that have a +45mm offset because apparently, it's "not really noticeable" in terms of torque steer to lower the offset by 15mm. I still don't want to do this if it can be helped.

Basically, I want to run the widest rim that I can while keeping the offset at +60. I know that a 19x9 or 18x9 with a 60mm offset will fit, as that only sits a negligible 6.4mm closer to the suspension than the stock wheels. It's that extra half-inch that I'm not sure about on that 9.5 width - as that makes the rim sit 12.7mm closer to the suspension components and I'm not sure there is that much clearance in either the front or rear...so any help would be appreciated. I don't have the car yet (in process of waiting for my local dealer) so I cannot get under it and measure it myself (otherwise I would). Thank you all!
Yes I believe 18x.95 +60 will fit no problem. There is a member on here that went the full custom route with BC forged rims right around that spec and had clearance to the inner strut.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2016 Yamaha XSR900, Soon: Civic Type-R
Country flag
I was looking to do the same thing, but did not find someone with 18x9.5 +60 wheels. I will put my car on a rack and see if I can measure clearances to the suspension and body parts over the extreme limits of the steering. I got a 2021. I'll share the results. If you can share which manufacturer were you looking at, it would be wonderful? Also were you looking at forge wheels?
of course, I will DM you with the wheel info I have researched if you either do a write up with your car or DM me with pics and measurements that show the stock inner rim clearance to the closest suspension components as well as in the front )with steering accounted for). Thanks! I’m also getting a 2021.

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
of course, I will DM you with the wheel info I have researched if you either do a write up with your car or DM me with pics and measurements that show the stock inner rim clearance to the closest suspension components as well as in the front )with steering accounted for). Thanks! I’m also getting a 2021.
I'm waiting for my tires to wear down, but I'm looking at these wheels. Forgestar CF5 wheels 18 x 9 56.25 offset. they also have a 18 x 9.5 with 62.75 offset. These should fit. They seem to have the correct offset. Best of both worlds. Correct offset and more side wall for a daily driver.

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
Kamispeed offered a BC Forged option in this configuration (link below). I suggest calling BC Forged or Kamispeed about options.

BC FORGED EH171 18X9.5 +60

Member, Lansock, was the first to have a "known" set of custom BC Forged made and his car is on their website. They were 19x10 +55 and there is some talk about them in this thread. Looks like he has a different set of 19x9 +50 for sale right now.

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, I got the car on the lift and measured the closest clearances at right and left extremes.
Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.5 +60... will they fit? 20201230_144247

The tightest clearance is between the tire and the strut. Its is 5/8". I put a tape measure up there so to take a pic, but I measured with with spacers that stacked to 5/8". All other clearances are higher.
I measured the outside width of the mounted tire at the widest and it is exactly 10". I also measured the overhang of the tire from the wheel and it is 1/4" per side. So in the pic, the wheel is 7/8" from the strut. So if my math is right and you keep a 60mm offsets with 9.5" wheels, your wheel to strut clearance would be 3/8". So your tire selection would be critical to make sure you have enough clearance to the strut. One other thing to consider, the strut is angled toward the center of the wheel, so if you drop wheel diameter your clearance would be even closer than 3/8". I looked closely at it and it looks to be about 10 degrees. Assuming it is 10 degrees moving to an 19"x9.5"x60mm offset, the wheel to strut clearance would be 9/32", a little over 1/4". Moving to an 18"x9.5"x60mm offset, the wheel to strut clearance would be a little over 3/16".

If someone put 18x9.5" with a 60mm offset, that would be extremely close. I think that maybe the reason why the 45mm offsets are used to push the rim away from strut as you reduce the diameter. Me personally, I am not sure I'd feel comfortable running 18x9.5 60mm offset based upon what I see. Let me know what y'all think.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
I have BC Forged custom wheels. 18x9.5 +60 with 275/35/18 PS4s on stock suspension. They fit perfectly in the rear. In the front they rubbed the strut/knuckle assembly. It just scrapped the paint on wheel at full lock (1mm). BC Forged said they had sold 3 other set with those specs and didn't have any issues. That said, they told me they would not make that spec any more because of my issue. I would recommend 18x9.5 +58.

Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.5 +60... will they fit? IMG_20200615_191902

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
This has been brought up too many times to count now. No one has done a test fit with these and apex themselves have no interest in helping to arrange that because they barely produce any of this spec. I and others have contacted them and they have refused to cooperate.
Yep, but I'll still eagerly wait for someone to test them.

TheSt|G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R, '19 TRD OR, '05 M3
Country flag
I have BC Forged custom wheels. 18x9.5 +60 with 275/35/18 PS4s on stock suspension. They fit perfectly in the rear. In the front they rubbed the strut/knuckle assembly. It just scrapped the paint on wheel at full lock (1mm). BC Forged said they had sold 3 other set with those specs and didn't have any issues. That said, they told me they would not make that spec any more because of my issue. I would recommend 18x9.5 +58.

IMG_20200615_191902.jpg
Do you have some more photos? This is what I was thinking in 18x9 +60.

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

IMG_20200615_191902.jpg
That is interesting as it confirms what I saw on my car. Outside of the full wheel lock, the clearance is ok. I think if you go 18", you'll need the 45mm offset. That extra 15mm or roughly 1/2" will make the difference so you don't get the interference. In fact it will put the wheel a bit closer to the strut than what the 20" wheels currently have. After doing this work, it confirmed in my mind that if I go down to 18"x9.5", I'll get the 45mm offset.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)