OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2016 Yamaha XSR900, Soon: Civic Type-R
Country flag
Attached is is the dimensional inspection for the front brake. I am a mechanical engineer that specializes in turbomachinery and have dimensionally inspected hundreds of machines. Not all the dimensions in the spreadsheet are precise to the .001" Some of the dimensions are impossible to precisely get such as M,B,C,D. The best way to get the D dimension is to measure the distance between the caliper and the ID of the wheel, then measure the ID of the wheel and calculate the D dimension, which is what I did. That dimension is not precise to the .001" due to the tools and method of measuring. The D dimension could be off by 1/8"- 1/4". All the axial dimensions are precise as well as the hub dimensions. If I was specifying wheels with the numbers I took, I would make absolutely sure the new wheel inside diameter would allow for the uncertainty in the D dimension.

I am wrapping the car in a yellow that is close to the Phoenix Yellow of the limited. I also tinted the head lights.
20210102_222318.jpg
Awesome!!!! I want a limited edition as well since the Phoenix yellow is awesome looking, my local dealership is getting one this quarter and that is the one I'm waiting on. They have several customers on it though, so if I don't get it, then I plan to get a white one and wrap in Inozetek Dandelion Yellow, which is not the same as the limited edition Phoenix yellow, yours actually looks closer to factory. Looks great!

Thank you for the measurements, they should be good enough, I will send them in and let you know what I find! Thank you.

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Sonic Grey
Country flag
Awesome!!!! I want a limited edition as well since the Phoenix yellow is awesome looking, my local dealership is getting one this quarter and that is the one I'm waiting on. They have several customers on it though, so if I don't get it, then I plan to get a white one and wrap in Inozetek Dandelion Yellow, which is not the same as the limited edition Phoenix yellow, yours actually looks closer to factory. Looks great!

Thank you for the measurements, they should be good enough, I will send them in and let you know what I find! Thank you.
I am using Avery Dennison SW900 Satin Yellow. I looked far and wide ,bought samples and found the Avery product was closest to the Phoenix yellow.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Attached is is the dimensional inspection for the front brake. I am a mechanical engineer that specializes in turbomachinery and have dimensionally inspected hundreds of machines. Not all the dimensions in the spreadsheet are precise to the .001" Some of the dimensions are impossible to precisely get such as M,B,C,D. The best way to get the D dimension is to measure the distance between the caliper and the ID of the wheel, then measure the ID of the wheel and calculate the D dimension, which is what I did. That dimension is not precise to the .001" due to the tools and method of measuring. The D dimension could be off by 1/8"- 1/4". All the axial dimensions are precise as well as the hub dimensions. If I was specifying wheels with the numbers I took, I would make absolutely sure the new wheel inside diameter would allow for the uncertainty in the D dimension.

I am wrapping the car in a yellow that is close to the Phoenix Yellow of the limited. I also tinted the head lights.
20210102_222318.jpg
I finally heard back from the wheel people. Since +50 is the highest offset possible in a 18x10, they are asking me about the Hub protrusion amount, dimension "H". They said to me "since we are at the absolute highest offset of +50, we need the hub height (measurement H). Or, is the hub recessed behind the center bore so it doesn't stick out?"

I think that since the offset is so high that they want to see if the big hub nut that sticks out is going to prevent us from installing the center caps.

Let me know and I will get back to them, thanks!

Last edited:

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Sonic Grey
Country flag
I finally heard back from the wheel people. Since +50 is the highest offset possible in a 18x10, they are asking me about the Hub protrusion amount, dimension "H". They said to me "since we are at the absolute highest offset of +50, we need the hub height (measurement H). Or, is the hub recessed behind the center bore so it doesn't stick out?"

I think that since the offset is so high that they want to see if the big hub nut that sticks out is going to prevent us from installing the center caps.

Let me know and I will get back to them, thanks!
Sorry I didn't take that. It is 19.5mm

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry I didn't take that. It is 19.5mm
So I gave them your measurements and I have heard back from them, They said it will fit with an 18x10 +50, but the centercaps will not fit over the protruding hub unless you went with a 18x10 +45. Either setup will fit with the stock suspension. Both setups have the inside of the tire sitting closer to the suspension than stock, and obviously a lot more tire on the outside compared to stock, which is good. Below the picture I have some PDF attachments that show this.

The research I have been doing is for the Forgestar CF5 Deep Concave wheel. The same techniques Forgestar uses to make their 1-piece wheels go into all modern flow formed/rotary forged 1-piece wheels - SSR, Enkei, D-Force, HRE, and on and on. Forgestar has their wheels tested by an outside firm to check Dynamic cornering fatigue, Dynamic radial fatigue and Impact testing using standards published by SAE (J2530) and JWL VIA. I have been working with Kevin at Modbargains, he has been communicating with Forgestar for me. These wheels are fully customizable and made to order. Forgestar has a unique business model that allows them to bring in the semi-finished blanks and then final machine the backspacing, hub bore, lug holes, and finish them to your ordered specs. Once ordered, it does take about 2-3 months to get them. There are several retailers that sell them, but if you would like to speak to Kevin, his email is [email protected] let me know what you think!

Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.5 +60... will they fit? Forgestar 18 inch deep concave without centercaps

Attachments

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
So I gave them your measurements and I have heard back from them, They said it will fit with an 18x10 +50, but the centercaps will not fit over the protruding hub unless you went with a 18x10 +45. Either setup will fit with the stock suspension. Both setups have the inside of the tire sitting closer to the suspension than stock, and obviously a lot more tire on the outside compared to stock, which is good. Below the picture I have some PDF attachments that show this.

The research I have been doing is for the Forgestar CF5 Deep Concave wheel. The same techniques Forgestar uses to make their 1-piece wheels go into all modern flow formed/rotary forged 1-piece wheels - SSR, Enkei, D-Force, HRE, and on and on. Forgestar has their wheels tested by an outside firm to check Dynamic cornering fatigue, Dynamic radial fatigue and Impact testing using standards published by SAE (J2530) and JWL VIA. I have been working with Kevin at Modbargains, he has been communicating with Forgestar for me. These wheels are fully customizable and made to order. Forgestar has a unique business model that allows them to bring in the semi-finished blanks and then final machine the backspacing, hub bore, lug holes, and finish them to your ordered specs. Once ordered, it does take about 2-3 months to get them. There are several retailers that sell them, but if you would like to speak to Kevin, his email is [email protected] let me know what you think!

Forgestar 18 inch deep concave without centercaps.jpg
What's pricing look like for those options? Personally, I'd prefer something like a 18x9 or 18x9.5 and run a 265 width tire at +55 offset.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's pricing look like for those options? Personally, I'd prefer something like a 18x9 or 18x9.5 and run a 265 width tire at +55 offset.
The max offset for the concave version of this wheel is +50. You would need to choose the flat version of the wheel. Pricing is usually between $1500-$1700 for all four in this size

TheSt|G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R, '19 TRD OR, '05 M3
Country flag
BC Forged can get you an 18x9 +60 so you don't induce torque steer.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
The max offset for the concave version of this wheel is +50. You would need to choose the flat version of the wheel. Pricing is usually between $1500-$1700 for all four in this size
Thanks for the reference point, that's honestly pretty damn good for a custom wheel. Something I may consider down the line if I decide to get into the track more.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BC Forged can get you an 18x9 +60 so you don't induce torque steer.
you can get a similar size with a Forgestar wheel in a 18x9.5 +60, but the wheel will be flat and not concave.

They also have some 19” wheels you can order in a 19x9 +60 or 19x9.5 +60, the CF10 I believe

I’ve also talked with a few who have tracked their cars, one guy is running a 18x10.7 +55 with 295/30’s (yes, 10.7 width) and had to add a 5mm spacer to move the wheel away from the suspension components which makes the offset +50. He said compared to stock it feels the same as far as torque steer, just has way more grip and stops even shorter distances now. I think this is mainly because the inside edge of the tire is inside the fender well more than stock. Of course you also have more rubber on the outside as well.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I'm running the 19x10 +55 and the grip is insane, even under very hard acceleration tires will just ever so slightly break loose if at all.

TheSt|G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R, '19 TRD OR, '05 M3
Country flag
you can get a similar size with a Forgestar wheel in a 18x9.5 +60, but the wheel will be flat and not concave.

They also have some 19” wheels you can order in a 19x9 +60 or 19x9.5 +60, the CF10 I believe

I’ve also talked with a few who have tracked their cars, one guy is running a 18x10.7 +55 with 295/30’s (yes, 10.7 width) and had to add a 5mm spacer to move the wheel away from the suspension components which makes the offset +50. He said compared to stock it feels the same as far as torque steer, just has way more grip and stops even shorter distances now. I think this is mainly because the inside edge of the tire is inside the fender well more than stock. Of course you also have more rubber on the outside as well.
18x9.5 +60 will not fit as highlighted earlier in this thread.

OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
18x9.5 +60 will not fit as highlighted earlier in this thread.
That’s ok. Based on real world track experience of others, a +50 (with a wider wheel/tire) is not enough of a difference to induce torque steer, so I will probably be going with that.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Glowzzy

Glowzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm running the 19x10 +55 and the grip is insane, even under very hard acceleration tires will just ever so slightly break loose if at all.
Which wheels are you using? Did you have to trim the front suspension shock mount brackets at all? I know with 18’s you would have but with 19’s being taller, you may not have needed to...
Sponsored