18x9.5 255x35 wheel setup

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Looks like Little Red got the best fitment here.

The others one take note because their cars look like a red neck pickup truck with ultra wide wheels.

OP
OP
SiYa99

SiYa99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Have you lowered since? Any rubbing issues?
Im actually going to be lowering it soon. Im going to need to roll the fenders for sure and possibly add some camber to the rear if necessary. I only rub on the back tires if i take a turn onto a steep incline and put all the weight on one corner.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Im actually going to be lowering it soon. Im going to need to roll the fenders for sure and possibly add some camber to the rear if necessary. I only rub on the back tires if i take a turn onto a steep incline and put all the weight on one corner.
Rear is gonna be cambered naturally when you lower the car, I'm definitely more interested in the fronts as those are the exact specs I plan to be running! Be sure to update when you do lower!

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Ended up lowering yet?? Love the specs, curious how the fronts fit when dropped.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Ended up lowering yet?? Love the specs, curious how the fronts fit when dropped.
Not OP, but I’ve got similar specs up front. I’m on coils so I don’t know how much I’ve dropped relative to OEM but the ride height measured from the bottom of the hubcap to the fender was about 14 5/8”. Excuse the bad picture it’s all I got for now. 17x9 +25 255/40/17 in the front, 17x8 +35 225/45/17 rear, -2.3° camber front, -2° rear. Dropped on Meister R coilovers. The 6kg spring rate along with the Type R sway bar I believe is making my ride stiff enough to not rub as much as others. I only rub under high speed dips, hard cornering, and hard brake to full stop. I’ll live with it, eventually it’ll shave off enough of the liner on its own ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen 18x9.5 255x35 wheel setup 0F2B0334-1A8E-4078-9B2C-6374ADC9ADDB

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Anyone think I'll have issue with 17x8.5 +38 with 255/40/17 tires on stock height (si) with whiteline rear sway bar?

logonzojls

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVO X, CIVIC type-R
Nah 255 on an 8.5” rim is fine. Very little bulge at all. 265 is where i would draw the line. Anything 265 and up on an 8.5 is gonna have some noticeable bulge. Aesthetics speaking only.

Cornering performance is gonna be a bit better on a 245 or 235 due to the side wall being more stiff at that angle. Depends on what you’re gunning for I guess.

OP
OP
SiYa99

SiYa99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. So i havent lowered it yet. Still trying to figure out if i want to go with eibach or ktuned springs. I think i only have an inch to give safely without rubbing on every bump. When everything is installed ill make sure i update here. Leaning towards the eibachs tho because i want to get the sway bar kit also. Recently installed the strut bar from ultra racing and i love it. I may get more of there bracings instead. Still deciding lol

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry if this thread is done for, but been looking into fitment as well on a 255x35x18 tire along with a 18x9.5 38mm 5x100 Wheel. I’m on d2 lowering springs but once I get everything in I’ll post a picture. Got a Lunar Silver Si coupe and haven’t seen anyone on this forum or other places run this wheel. Hopefully it works. Can’t wait to post it.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sorry if this thread is done for, but been looking into fitment as well on a 255x35x18 tire along with a 18x9.5 38mm 5x100 Wheel. I’m on d2 lowering springs but once I get everything in I’ll post a picture. Got a Lunar Silver Si coupe and haven’t seen anyone on this forum or other places run this wheel. Hopefully it works. Can’t wait to post it.
You can't run 5x100 wheels on a 5x114.3 car. You will need to run adapters, which are at least a 20mm spacer or 25mm. After adapters you will be down to a 18x9.5 +18 or 18x9.5 +13. At that point you are going to need camber and stretched tires in order to run it.

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can't run 5x100 wheels on a 5x114.3 car. You will need to run adapters, which are at least a 20mm spacer or 25mm. After adapters you will be down to a 18x9.5 +18 or 18x9.5 +13. At that point you are going to need camber and stretched tires in order to run it.
Thanks for the clarification! Definitely didn’t double check, I emailed to see if they can switch the bolt pattern. If I do get those, you think it’ll be a flush fitment? Called a couple stores and they said it might be too aggressive but I’ve seen others run same wheel specs on same tire specs with a nice flush look

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the clarification! Definitely didn’t double check, I emailed to see if they can switch the bolt pattern. If I do get those, you think it’ll be a flush fitment? Called a couple stores and they said it might be too aggressive but I’ve seen others run same wheel specs on same tire specs with a nice flush look
In 5x114.3 those are perfect specs, my buddy and I ran those same specs with 265/35/18 and it looks great and aggressive
Sponsored